PDA

View Full Version : Invite Green River, WY. Trail Riding/Bike Park riding day/weekend JUNE 11th

greyhair biker
04-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Announcing our local bike club (SWBA) trail riding day/ Bike Park day. We originally planned for a Bike Park 'event' for that day but circumstances have made it so we turned it into a full day/ weekend of trail riding and playing at the bike park event sponsored by the Sweetwater Mountain Bike Association. I can get hotel information to anyone that needs/wants it. I am also trying to set up camping in the river bottoms but that is not finalized yet. I would like to do a BBQ at my place as well but one of our founding members is retiring and he is throwing a party at his house friday night complete with beer & goodies...SO, let me know who would like to come!:cool2::ride::ride::ride:

blueeyes
04-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Count the three of us in!

greyhair biker
04-16-2011, 01:37 PM
:2thumbs::nod:awesome!

RedSpecialized
04-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I've seen the pictures & have always wanted to check it out. I'll check the calendar, if I can make it i'll be there!!

sent from Samsung Epic 4g

greyhair biker
04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
We've had a slight set back for the 'event'. Between delays with getting the water system in place and too many events scheduled that weekend for the city to 'handle' the decision was made to postpone the event until everything is in place. Understandably the bikeclub is less than thrilled about this but we are going forward will a trail riding day/weekend - because 'we' as a club have our crap together even if the city doesn't and we can DO a trail event with playing around at the park as a bonus throughout the day.
SO - come on up and ride!:2thumbs:

greyhair biker
05-10-2011, 11:39 AM
This is a quote from our chamber director on the lastest intel received about our bike trail system:

I have spoken with both the BLM and Ashley Nat. Forest. The BLM is currently in a 14-day in house review, on May 23rd it will go out for public comment for 30 days. I will make sure to get you the public comment link so you can all send in a positive comment. The Forest Service will be going through their process and will ,(hopefully) be done the same time as the BLM's process is finished.

I have revised the map a bit, made it a bit larger, but we are not supposed to start handing this out until the comment period is over and the BLM & Forest Service has officially "blessed" the project. I know this is a bit frustrating, but it is all part of the governments process. So it is best if we don't start distributing them in force!!!

I will let you all know when the BLM will want to meet with some of our group, as they will, and get moving on official signage, maps etc. The BLM and Forest Service will need to approve all of those items or at least give us guidelines for them. Thanks for all your hard work and patience!!!

I went out and rode today and things are looking very good - the trails have dialed in sweetly!:popcorn:

blueeyes
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
:2thumbs: Can't wait to ride these "blessed" trails.

greyhair biker
05-10-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll probably go to hell for saying this then but we ride...blessed or not:haha::ride:

blueeyes
05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
:lol8::2thumbs: I have heard they have better trails in hell then heaven anyway!

greyhair biker
05-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Update: It looks like the BLM is going to bypass the 30 day thing - seems they want to get this ball rolling too....:rock:
(...you can't tell that I'm stoked can you?)

theoryco
05-29-2011, 08:59 PM
so if i come up on , could you loan a bike for a ride or two?

greyhair biker
06-01-2011, 07:51 PM
I have a 'park bike' that you could try out at the bike park but it's a single speed jump bike...not good for trail use really. Other than that you'd need to furnish your own bike.:nod:

REDFOX
06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I was hoping to demo the Rm9 and take it off some sweet jumps ! :haha:

greyhair biker
06-04-2011, 07:24 PM
yeah....the RM9 is currently without tires :mrgreen:. I guess you'll have to ride one of the park bikes or bring your monster:nod:. The trail conditions are SWEET, the weather is mild and we are ready to ride the 11th!

RedSpecialized
06-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Shawn & I will be leaving early sat. Morning to ride these HEAVENLY trails. Can you let me know how to get there and what time to meet?

greyhair biker
06-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Head east on I80 - 2 hrs from Ogden or 2 1/2 hrs from SLC- to Green River. Take the first exit (west end of town) and you'll be on W. Flaming Gorge Way (passing the visitor center on the right) and head into town. Take a right at N. 4th W. and follow through the railroad underpass and you'll be on W. 2nd S. St. Continue, passing the Maverick store to the light at Uinta Dr. and turn right(south) and cross the Green River to the next light and turn left onto Astle Ave. heading east again. You will pass the city horse corrals on your left when the road turns right(south) again and becomes E. Teton Blvd. Follow this until you come to Bridger Dr. There is a Loaf N Jug store here as well. Turn Left(east) and head towards the river where you run out of road and come to the south side of Stratton Meyer Park. The Bike Park is on the right and we'll meet here. The club will be leaving from here for the trails starting between 8:30 and 9:00am. Give me a call when you arrive in town if you need more directions than this.

greyhair biker
06-09-2011, 09:18 AM
...and here's the link to the Green River Chamber for the event:

http://business.grchamber.com/Events/details/swmba-trails-day

greyhair biker
06-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Just found this video of the Green River Bike Park - pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rD9_s-rGQo&feature=related

blueeyes
06-10-2011, 01:57 PM
:cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::c ry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry 1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1: :cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::c ry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry 1::cry1:

greyhair biker
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Chere', you're just gonna have to plan you a trip another time up here:nod::ride:

blueeyes
06-11-2011, 08:22 AM
First week of August! Be headed up to Ogden July to leave the kids with my mother, and then off to Hotlanta for a week. When I get back we are staying in Ogden for another week. Plan to ride the Xterra route as a practice and go boating at Pineview. So hopefully I can pop up then I check those trails out.

bowjunkie
06-11-2011, 04:33 PM
cool stuff !! They just finished a bike park in Fruita Co this past week ...

greyhair biker
06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
The crew today on trail

greyhair biker
06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
a few more

REDFOX
06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
It was great to finally get out and be able to ride. Thanks to Greyhair and his biking crew for showing us their trails. We rode several trails and there was a lot more trails that would take days to be able to see and ride. They have a pretty extensive trail system. The bike park was huge with several stunts, balance obstacles and of course big jumps. If I hadn't already been burned out from riding, I would have liked to have spent more time at the park. It was a great time and great company. Thanks Wade !

greyhair biker
06-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Next time we'll have to hit the bike park first thing in the morning and then head out to the trails...you know, you need to have energy for the park and then relax on the trail ride:haha: Awesome ride day Shawn & Ben!:2thumbs:

Sombeech
06-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Looks like a great turnout. Wish I could have made it, hopefully next time.

RedSpecialized
06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Wade, thanks for showing us all your sweet trails up there. You guys have done tons of work up there. We will definately have to hit the bike park with some fresh legs. That place is nice. I have some video i'll put up when I get a chance.

You have an awesome place up there. Keep up the good work!

fourtycal
06-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Looks like a sweet trip. wish I could have made it :2thumbs:

REDFOX
06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks like a sweet trip. wish I could have made it :2thumbs:

I was wondering how you were doing. I should have called and invited you to ride up with us. We just did a simple day trip.

greyhair biker
06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
There's plenty of time the rest of the summer for another day trip - come on up Keith!:2thumbs: