PDA

View Full Version : Police Spray 8 Year Old Boy With Pepper Spray

bbennett
04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I certainly didn't expect to agree with the police's use of pepper spray when I read the title of this article. After reading the story, I must say that I think it was the best response by the officers. Obviously this kid need's some serious in-patient counseling or he most certainly will end up in prison...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=15033095

Rented mule
04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
hmmmm flowchart of blame....is there a father mentioned anywhere?
Just a mother raising a behavioral problem child on her own?
Also, what kind of school is it that has run like hell into the other room as their
method of handling children on their special program?
If you are welcoming problem children, you should have the credentials and provisions in place. Not waiting on calling the local police which take a time to respond. Also,
each officer would be different each time. Not a local officer assigned to the school.

Probably a local public school? No funding, etc. short on resources, etc.
No child left behind.
Additionally, putting the child on tv like a freak show is it just to bring attention to the problem of educating problem children or to get their money for coming on tv with a riveting story. was the mother compensated for her appearance or did she do it in good faith to bring attention to coming to a SOLUTION here?

Sad..... Poor little dude is only 8 years old. If he had killed someone we in America would have definitely tried him as an ADULT. Because we have no child laws in place for such homicides. Other countries laugh at us when they hear of a child being tried as an adult.

How about a mentoring program in that school? How about Big brothers? Big sisters?
Hopefully, the lad will get some proper help and love to get through this and on with his life.

Why aren't we thinktanking these things more?
It takes a whole village to raise a child.....

JP
04-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Is Poice the way it's pronounced by Utahans? :mrgreen:

Rented Mule: You make some very strong points. :nod:

Just as with the tazer, these non-lethal options do three things...Save the subject from harm, bystanders as well as the officers that are facing that subject. When hands/physical contact is required to subdue an individual, the likelihood of someone being hurt dramatically increases. Obviously, this eight year old proved to be a threat of being hurt and or an officer being. The use of the pepper spray simply worked as it should have. No injuries. I'm sure if this eight year old got injured in a physical confrontation, more would be up in arms over this. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

DiscGo
04-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I certainly didn't expect to agree with the police's use of pepper spray when I read the title of this article]

I read this article yesterday and had the same thought. Especially after watching the kid on that talk show where his side of the story made him look just as bad to me. Plus this kid has done this sort of thing before and his Mom just dismisses it as "he just doesn't like school and misses" his Mom so it is okay. I find her reaction as trouble as the child's behavior itself.

I'm sure he'll think twice before threatening to stab people again, or just not listening to the police.

mhambi
04-07-2011, 07:05 AM
One for the mom and one for the kid.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1125378.jpg

:roflol:

Deadeye008
04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Sounds like this kid needs more than pepper spray. His mom needs some help too.