PDA

View Full Version : Howdy rowdies

Mtnseeker1
03-31-2011, 11:14 PM
Just stumbled onto this site and felt good, real good about finding a group of like minded folks.
I grew up in SLC,UT. I started skiing when I was 5yrs. old back when a all day all area was just 5 bucks at Alta,Utah. I have back packed since I was a youngster at 8yrs. old. One of my most cherished areas to backpack has always been the High Uintas for the fishing.

I am 49 male and have extreme arthritis now and have had to change the style of outdoors activities that I love.

I am lately been into dirt biking (Honda XR650R) and in need of like minded/maybe a little easier going crowd that I can learn and grow from.
So far my wrists are only allowing me about 75-100 mile trips in any given day but I will build this up to 200 mile days this year.
The skiing is out for me now a days as my knees are really shot and my backpacking is limited to about 8-10 mile days unless there is a lot of down hill action the maybe 4-6 mile days.
However I refuse to stop getting outside and getting completely lost from time to time. I really love the desert as I have been down into it for the last 10yrs.

I love traveling lite for obvious reasons and am a bit of a survivalist.
But most of all I love all things outdoors from plants to the stars.

JP
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Howdy & Welcome :2thumbs: Just turned 42 and I feel your pain :haha:

accadacca
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome to bogley!

tanya
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
51 Here. I really feel your pain. ;)

nelsonccc
04-01-2011, 11:39 PM
51 Here. I really feel your pain. ;)