PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Where has this site been all my life?

powderglut
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I just stumbled across this site 1 day ago. Crikey!!! She's a beaut!!
I live in Steamboat Springs CO. Been there since the early 70's. Been hiking and exploring the SW canyons for 35+ years. Some of our early trips include the Paria and Hurricane/Coyote, before the days of permits. Hiking down the Hole in the Rock with canoes, to explore the Escalante and side canyons. If the Mormons could do it with wagons, we sure as hell could drag packs,coolers and canoes up and down to the lake. Gawd!! were we ever dumb! Midnight hike out of Grand Canyon from Hermits Rapids to the rim in the moonlight. Sweet!
Then years of car camping with kids, tons of slots, state parks and national parks. Kids are grown, and now we're back at it with even more passion. Did I mention this is an excellent site. The "Where is this" thread is awesome.
So..... I may be new to this site, but I've hit a lot of similar areas as many of you. I believe though, I still have a few more million places to see.
Just wanted to say Hi and I'll be peeking around.

accadacca
03-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome dood. You'll fit in nicely. I hear good things about Steamboat Springs. :2thumbs:

JP
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Howdy & Welcome :2thumbs:

blueeyes
03-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Welcome :wavey:

jman
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Welcome! Feel free to post some of your TRs, since you have done so many. Any of the off the beaten trail would be perfect! Oh yeah, plus pics!

IntrepidXJ
04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Welcome :)

bowjunkie
04-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Welcome !!

tanya
04-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Welcome!

oldno7
04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Due to bogley budget cuts, your introduction cannot be honored until next month. We already have fulfilled the quota of Coloradoans for this month.

But welcome anyway.:mrgreen:

powderglut
04-01-2011, 06:21 PM
{Due to bogley budget cuts, your introduction cannot be honored until next month. We already have fulfilled the quota of Coloradoans for this month.
But welcome anyway.}
OK it's April. Howdy everyone!
Coming to your state in two weeks. I am so ready for a little warm!!
Enuf with the snow already. Oh well, I guess our rivers ought to be raging fun this year.

Grizz
04-20-2011, 08:01 AM
I couldn't agreee more powderglut, when the lifts shut down it is high time to make for the canyon country! I have tried some yahoo groups in the past, but this forum seems to have surpased critical mass of outdoor adventurers and be here to stay. I'm glad to have found it as well .

Dr. Nebz
04-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Welcome!