PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Capers

uintahiker
03-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Tomorrow you've gotta watch your back, while at the same time hand out a little irony to others. Here's a few ideas to dish out.

Several years ago we put plastic wrap on the toilet seat. A friend was over and needed to use the bathroom. He was in there for a really long time and when he came out he kept saying "I"m so sorry" over and over again. :twisted:

Toothpaste in an oreo

Open an Almond Joy, eat the first bar, then carefully take the second out, cut the base off, scoop out the coconut filling and replace it with grated onion. Put the bottom back on, and put it back in the wrapper and leave it on the table for someone else to enjoy.

Deathcricket
03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
You have to be pretty meticulous about this one. But I succeeded in unwrapping some chewing gum, sprinkling Cayenne Pepper on the sticks, re-wrapping them and placing on my desk. if you put too much pepper though it is very obvious it's been sabotaged.

I also am pretty famous for putting mousetrap confetti bombs all over my office a couple years ago :P
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-A-Motion-Detecting-Confetti-Blaster/step3/Modding-the-Mouse-Trap/

Sombeech
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
All kinds of computer tricks.

Take a screenshot of somebody's desktop, set that image as their desktop wallpaper. Set properties to not show desktop icons.

Sombeech
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM

ilanimaka
03-31-2011, 11:58 PM
My favorite one to pull is to have one of my teenage step-kids put a raw macaroni noodle in his mouth and, in front of some friend/family member, ask me to pop his neck. Then I grab them in a headlock, jerk my shoulders without jerking his neck, and the kid bites down on the noodle, making a loud crunching sound and then dropping to the ground. Gotta love the reaction. :crazy:

Desert Hobo
04-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Nothing says, 'I Gotcha!' quite like a dull and rusty offset leghold trap placed carefully near the bed where someone might usually keep their slippers. :haha:

Alex
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
My favorite one to pull is to have one of my teenage step-kids put a raw macaroni noodle in his mouth and, in front of some friend/family member, ask me to pop his neck. Then I grab them in a headlock, jerk my shoulders without jerking his neck, and the kid bites down on the noodle, making a loud crunching sound and then dropping to the ground. Gotta love the reaction. :crazy:

I am so going to do that in my fight class tonight! Thanks!

Sombeech
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
So far today, I've put part of a Post-It note on the bottom of a mouse, covering the optical eye. So moving the mouse will not move the arrow on the screen...

And I've rotated the monitor image on a few computers by hitting Alt + Control + Left Arrow....

Of course, being the tech support guy, I end up fixing the problems anyways so the joke's on me. :doh:

Kent K25
04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I gave my students a quiz and stressed to them that they read the instructions. The first set of instructions say "Be sure to read through the entire quiz before starting it."

Of course they don't do this, if they did they would get to the last problem, a LONG word problem and realize that halfway through it says. I hope you read this before you did all the problems on the quiz. You do not need to do any of these problems, just sign your name under this problem and watch all the April Fools around you take the quiz.

The quiz was full of problems they have not learned how to do yet, so they struggled. out of 90 kids today, 8 did it right.

One of my students decided to get back at me by stealing my sunglasses while I was with another class in the computer lab. I got the resource officer to handcuff him in class and pull him out to talk to me. Got my sunglasses back and I'm pretty sure I won that exchange. :haha:

mattandersao
04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I gave my students a quiz and stressed to them that they read the instructions. The first set of instructions say "Be sure to read through the entire quiz before starting it."

Of course they don't do this, if they did they would get to the last problem, a LONG word problem and realize that halfway through it says. I hope you read this before you did all the problems on the quiz. You do not need to do any of these problems, just sign your name under this problem and watch all the April Fools around you take the quiz.

The quiz was full of problems they have not learned how to do yet, so they struggled. out of 90 kids today, 8 did it right.

One of my students decided to get back at me by stealing my sunglasses while I was with another class in the computer lab. I got the resource officer to handcuff him in class and pull him out to talk to me. Got my sunglasses back and I'm pretty sure I won that exchange. :haha:

You know who lost that exchange? ME!!! The "perp" happened to be in my class and after the arrest, there was no way any kid in the class cared what I had to say! :facepalm1:
P.S. Kent they still have a few tricks up their sleeves, the battle is not quite over!

Kent K25
04-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I already know they took my skimboard/hall pass. Couldn't care less if it never returns :)
I'll just go on pretending to not know/not care and it will drive them crazy.

mattandersao
04-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh the way they have decided to return it is actually quite creative! :bootyshake:

Kent K25
04-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Should be good, that's a creative bunch

Alex
04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
BTW, putting scotch tape hides it better and requires a double look to make sure the infrared light is working right. Post-It note is too easy to spot when you look under the mouse.

If my mouse doesn't move on screen, the first thing I do is check the bottom of it. Experience!

So far today, I've put part of a Post-It note on the bottom of a mouse, covering the optical eye. So moving the mouse will not move the arrow on the screen...

And I've rotated the monitor image on a few computers by hitting Alt + Control + Left Arrow....

Of course, being the tech support guy, I end up fixing the problems anyways so the joke's on me. :doh:

Sombeech
04-04-2011, 08:19 AM
BTW, putting scotch tape hides it better and requires a double look to make sure the infrared light is working right. Post-It note is too easy to spot when you look under the mouse.

If my mouse doesn't move on screen, the first thing I do is check the bottom of it. Experience!

I did it to somebody and they were slamming their mouse up and down trying to "turn it on". I told them to try shaking it instead.

DOSS
04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I always found a little bit of scotch tape on a Cat5 cable did wonders too :)

blueeyes
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
My favorite April Fools joke was on our blood bank professor, Bill. As I distracted him at the beginning of class a fellow student switched his identical wireless mouse with Bill's. As Bill went through his slides the student was very good at the beginning to switch slides as needed and Bill suspected nothing. As class progressed the student would delay the time Bill tried to advance slides by a couple seconds and then a bit longer. It was funny to watch Bill look at the mouse and wonder what was going on. He would shake it a little bit even took the batteries out and put them back in. Eventually the student made it go backwards and the quickly forwards several slides. It didn't take Bill long after that to know something was up. :lol8: