PDA

View Full Version : How To Running shoes?

Joshuaria
03-29-2011, 08:28 PM
what brand of running shoes are the best? what kind? Any tips for buying running shoes would be greatly appreciated.

shaggy125
03-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Best brand is the brand that fits your feet. Some brands fit narrow feet better, some fit wide, some fit in between. Try a lot on and find what feels it will be comfy after hours of wearing. I do a lot of Canyoneering, a lot of people HATE the 5.10 canyoneers, they give them blisters, are super uncomfortable, etc... but I love them because they fit my feet. I've done mult-day backpacking trips with just them and my feet do better than in my hiking boots. Just because someone on here LOVES a certain brand doesn't mean you will love them. Everyone's feet are different and so are shoes, you just need to find what shoe matches your feet the closest.

wthomas
04-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I agree with shaggy. I've been running in a pair of $21 LA Gear shoes from Big 5 that fit my feet like a glove. :cool2:

Albart
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi Joshuaria,
I always prefer Nike shoes as they are comfortable and durable.
One tip that do change your shoes after 6 months to avoid any discomfort.

Brian in SLC
05-18-2011, 09:31 AM
One tip that do change your shoes after 6 months to avoid any discomfort.

Really depends on your mileage....

Thomas
05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
X2 Shaggy

When I go to the running store I try on about 8 different shoes, usually a different one on each foot. I then run a little on their tread mill until I find the best fit. I am not brand loyal. Companies come out with new shoes every year :angryfire: and they may or may not fit like the last pair. If several feel good I then look at price and usually buy the cheapest pair, or ask for last years model (if they have it in my size) and try them. Usually you can get a good deal on older models. If you are into the whole minimalist / barefoot running then not as many options. Good luck.

Dwane
06-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Well i prefer Nike and Adidas as the best brands and also theses are also comfortable and good in shape. I have been using Nike shoes for many years and are only suitable to me.

ilporyynanen
08-23-2011, 08:29 AM
I've preferred Nike before but now I'm really excited about Vibram's Five Finger "shoes". I really loved to run barefoot when I was a kid and now it's possible as an adult :D

emdubl
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
have you tried the vibrams and do you like them?