PDA

View Full Version : Moab Suggestions

Deadeye008
03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
We are headed down to Moab over Easter weekend. I am looking for suggestions on hikes or places to visit. Last time I was there was bout 10+ years ago and my wife has never been. We are planning on doing Delicate Arch, Double Arch, and Landscape Arch. Anyone have any other suggestions? We have a 4 yr old and a 5 month old that I will be packing around so nothing too strenuous. Thanks!

Iceaxe
03-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Everything listed under Moab Family Fun will work for you, along with some of the items listed under Weekend Warrior.

Moab Hikes, Rock art, Arches, ect. (http://climb-utah.com/Moab/index.htm)

Check out the info and feel free to ask questions here.

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/Files/corona6.jpg

asdf
03-14-2011, 01:27 PM
We are headed down to Moab over Easter weekend.........................We are planning on doing Delicate Arch, Double Arch, and Landscape Arch.

You are going to see some major crowds on those hikes.

Tower Arch is awesome and there is not much traffic out there (make sure you check the road conditions)
Sand Dune Arch is a must for kids

Outside of Arches..
Fisher Towers
Onion creek is great for Kids

I really like Island in the Sky, Kid friendly hikes
Mesa Arch
Grand View Point
Aztec Butte (little bit of exposure)

Deadeye008
03-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Great. Thanks all. Those look like some great suggestions. My little boy loves dinosaurs so I think we will have to visit the dinosaur tracks for sure.

RaftMoab
03-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Totally agree, stay away from the high traffic areas on the holiday weekend. Definitely go see the dino tracks. It is an easy access for the kiddos. The Tusher Tunnel is another place that your 4-year old will love! It is a natural tunnel right through the side of a cliff. If you have a SUV you can drive all the way there. A low clearance car may require a little bit of hiking or some creative driving skills in a couple of spots. And, when your baby is a couple of years older, half-day rafting trips are a really fun way for the family to cool off in the afternoon.

IntrepidXJ
03-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Don't forget Easter Jeep Safari will be going on all week....the town and popular trails/roads will be busy!

Scott P
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
I am looking for suggestions on hikes or places to visit.

Somewhere away from Moab is the best advice I can give. The Moab area around Easter is a complete zoo. Unless you already made arrangements, I wish you good luck on finding a campsite.

Deadeye008
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks again for all the suggestions. Yes, we already have reservations. Easter weekend was the only time I was able to get away from work.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk