PDA

View Full Version : February in Utah's Backcountry

SLCmntjunkie
03-02-2011, 06:32 AM
I did a lot of snowmobiling this past month had a some great powder days, chasing storms from Logan to Beaver. There's also a bit of snowboarding in the video as well, I actually bought my snowmobile to get around in the backcountry and it turns out boondocking in deep powder is just as fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqd6q55ato

Sombeech
03-02-2011, 09:07 AM
That footage is INSANELY awesome. I'm so jealous, been wanting to get taken up by a snowmobile for a while now, my brother's got a couple. Awesome video.

oldno7
03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice job Jim....

accadacca
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
KILLER! :hail2thechief:

Sombeech
03-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey so what's the setup on your snowmobile? I saw the shadow of the tripod and was wondering if you could post a photo of it.

SLCmntjunkie
03-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't have a photo but we mounted a tripod on the hood and bought the tripod mounts for the go pro and contour. One leg is attached to the bumper handle and the other two legs are attached a little above and to the rear of the a-arms, around where the side panel doors hinge on a ski-doo. The camera ended up about chest high right above the nose of the snowmobile. It's pretty rough on the tripod and it started to break pretty quickly, I think it's just a bit too cold for the plastic on a cheap tripod.