PDA

View Full Version : Invite Ben Hebb Days- North Wash April 16-17

Davewyo
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Ben Hebb Days

When: April 16-17

Where: North Wash Area

What: Upclimbing canyons. Bring your own team and your own gear.

Why: To commemorate the amazing life of Ben Hebb. Ben's first canyon was a trip down Sandthrax. His third canyon was a solo ascent of Sandthrax (the first on record). Ben died in a fall from Long's Peak in August 2010. Ben preferred going up rather than down and so we will ascend canyons that day.

Who: Anyone who wants to give it a go. There are many canyons in the area that are relatively easy, as well as some toughies. If you need suggestions, let me know.

We will meet at the Sandthrax Camp (MilePost 28.5-ish on Hwy 95) Saturday morning at about 7:30 to get organized.
For people who choose to ascend ropes in the tough sections, you may want to set ropes early that morning.
We can also plan a potluck for Sat night if anyone decides to participate.

If interested, please contact Penny: penmartens at yahoo dot com

Davewyo
03-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Ben Hebb Days April 16 &17 - Reminder
The response has been warm but non-committing. If people are planning to attend, please let Penny know. If you want to come but don't have a team, contact Penny. She can probably get you on a team. If you need suggestions for a canyon to upclimb, she can help with that, too. penmartens at yahoo dot com

Don
03-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Wish I could, he sounded like a cool dude. But I've got my army commitment that weekend. All the best though, of course.

darkmatter
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow, eerie coincidence. I hiked Long's that day. I heard about the accident and saw the chopper come and go, and read the news article later, but this is the first I've heard he was a canyoneer, as well. He was doing a technical climb of The Diamond, a classic route, but a chunk of mountain happened to let loose.

forum8fox
04-08-2011, 11:57 AM
BUMP!