PDA

View Full Version : Desolation-Gray

Bo_Beck
02-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Well...I didn't draw out on The Salt, couldn't launch tomorrow with Rich on The Grand, and don't know whats up for The Salmon, Gates of Ladore or Yampa, but I'm still looking for The Dirty Devil in a month or so. I did get a spot on a July 22nd launch on Desolation-Gray with Jack, OC and a whole lot of other Old Timers though! It'll be cool to celebrate my 55th birthday with such a diverse, experienced group of old time river runners!

tanya
02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Is this a Bo post or our Russian friends? :mrgreen:

You are becoming a river rat Bo! :haha:

Bo_Beck
02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Is this a Bo post or our Russian friends? :mrgreen:

You are becoming a river rat Bo! :haha:

You know Tanya....it's sure an easy way to access some pretty cool country, get a good dose of endorfins, be with some pretty awesome folks, eat like a king, actually see stars at night, forget about trivialities, unwind with some good drink and friends without putting others at risk, learn about history, hear some pretty great tales and have FUN at the same time! No...I'll never be a river rat, but I'll sure have some great memories to take to my grave.

tanya
02-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Oh yeah! When I went with you it was awesome! Trip of a lifetime! Maybe OC will actually let you in that Dory this time. :haha:

denaliguide
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
lot to be said for not having a pack on your back.

blueeyes
02-27-2011, 05:12 PM
You know Tanya....it's sure an easy way to access some pretty cool country, get a good dose of endorfins, be with some pretty awesome folks, eat like a king, actually see stars at night, forget about trivialities, unwind with some good drink and friends without putting others at risk, learn about history, hear some pretty great tales and have FUN at the same time! No...I'll never be a river rat, but I'll sure have some great memories to take to my grave.

:2thumbs: I like everything you said here Bo! Spot on.

Alex
02-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Very cool Bo, Deso is a great and relaxing canyon. Especially if you are going with good folks. End of July is nasty for bugs, so make sure to bring the body nets, at the minimum a head net.

Bo_Beck
03-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Very cool Bo, Deso is a great and relaxing canyon. Especially if you are going with good folks. End of July is nasty for bugs, so make sure to bring the body nets, at the minimum a head net.

Thanks Alex! I had heard from others that the bugs can be nasty around this time of year too. I look forward to another trip on the River! What do you have lined up for the "River Season"?

Alex
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Got May 26th Deso, Lodore (pre season, so might not be enough water) and a couple of Green below the dam and WW. I came empty handed on all my lottery apps this year, totally pissed about that. All Idaho lotteries I applied for got denied, so did high season Yampa.

Strife
03-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Everyone is invited to join our April 22 Deso trip. (Bring your own boat.)