PDA

View Full Version : Spring Time Shoe Shopping

agostinone
02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
With spring coming up I thought I'd start shopping for some new shoes. I've held out on getting a pair of 5.10 canyoneers since I've heard that the arch support and fore foot comfort are poor (these are features that are very important to me--I've learned the hard way from daily runs the last couple of decades)

While I was over at the Five Ten site I saw that they are selling "Stealth Paint". Sounds like it is a way to beef up the mesh/weak spots on shoes. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

"Five Ten

jman
02-19-2011, 08:21 AM
I just add Dr. Scholls to my Canyoneers and never had a problem since doing that.

canyondevil
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Anyone know the latest on when La Sportiva is going to come out with their new canyoneering shoe?

Bo_Beck
02-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone know the latest on when La Sportiva is going to come out with their new canyoneering shoe?

Bo_Beck
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=agostinone;436758]With spring coming up I thought I'd start shopping for some new shoes. I've held out on getting a pair of 5.10 canyoneers since I've heard that the arch support and fore foot comfort are poor (these are features that are very important to me--I've learned the hard way from daily runs the last couple of decades)

While I was over at the Five Ten site I saw that they are selling "Stealth Paint". Sounds like it is a way to beef up the mesh/weak spots on shoes. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

"Five Ten

agostinone
02-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm going to try a pair of these Teva shoes. I can get them locally which makes checking sizes easier and it looks like they may be more friendly to my finicky runners feet. The Five Ten Stealth Paint is my plan "B" for any blowouts.

http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=m&categoryID=782&productID=4040&model=Sear+eVent