PDA

View Full Version : St. George Bike Trip March 17th, 18th, 19th

greyhair biker
02-18-2011, 08:02 PM
:ride:Ok Y'all, the invitation's out! So far all that is planned is the dates. Let me or Chere' know if you can come. More details to follow!

....those are the dates I have to work with. I'm coming home the 20th.

blueeyes
02-18-2011, 10:07 PM
:2thumbs::ride:

I think some from the SLC Mt bike group might come down. All of them but one bailed on this weekend because of weather. Should be fun!

accadacca
02-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I am throwing it on my calendar and I'll be watching this thread. I do have one obstacle that weekend, but I might be able to avoid it. My b-day is that weekend too! Maybe that's a reason to go...

Sombeech
02-19-2011, 09:48 AM
This might be in the cards for me as well, I was thinking of heading down those dates. Although I may be coming down the 18th through the 21st, it kinda depends on how work goes.

theking648
02-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll be here.

jinx
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Never been on a road trip with the Bogley crowd, is it safe? With the killer vacation plan that comes with my new job, its a possibility for me to show as well. Wade, is this the type of trip that I would be happy in bringing my Banshee Scream? or do I want to bring my "shortie"?

fourtycal
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I have been wanting to hit Gooseberry Mesa... make that on the 19th and I will come down for it.

theking648
02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
a perfect time to do this one... we need to shuttle though
I think this one will beat the crap out of jem. """"descending 2000 vertical feet""" :haha:
http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/icehouse.htm

REDFOX
02-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Icehouse is definitely a shuttle, I think that broken mesa is a little more technical, but last part of both trails are the same. I think that gooseberry is more scenic and offers the most variety.

accadacca
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
I am good riding gooseberry on Saturday. I am starting to chat about this trip to my wife... :haha:

I would like to ride the trails again that REDFOX and I rode last time. Forget the names... :ride:

blueeyes
02-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Icehouse looks good!

Bo_Beck
02-22-2011, 06:51 AM
I'll have to pull my Huffy out of the cobwebs and join too!

On a different note: PLEASE stop by the store and look at some aerial maps the the ST. George BLM has presented to us. The St. George BLM is in the process of writing a new Management Plan and needs to know what we, yes I said WE would like to see as potential new climbing, hiking, Mtn. Biking areas that may have been off limits because of Lowland Zoning that was implemented many years ago. Any and all input might just get some great new areas opened up that are currently off limits. Dave Kiel and Kyle Voyles are avid outdoor people that are very interested in YOUR input.

cachehiker
02-22-2011, 06:56 AM
One week later and I could make it happen. :frustrated:

nelsonccc
02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Will it be noob friendly? We also should ride Bearclaw. It's been years since I did that. If there is alot of uphill you skinny bastards will just have to wait. Someone should determine the itinarary (sp?) so that if someone can only make one or two of the three days they'll know what they are getting into.

blueeyes
02-22-2011, 09:59 AM
We will!

I would say there will be a mix of riding for Kid Friendly, Noobs, Intermediate and Crazy Experts. Just trying to get a feel for who is coming and what people want to ride and we can go from there. If the weather is cooperative we can do a group camp out on Gooseberry Mesa.

greyhair biker
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Come on down!:ride: Keith!

greyhair biker
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Never been on a road trip with the Bogley crowd, is it safe? With the killer vacation plan that comes with my new job, its a possibility for me to show as well. Wade, is this the type of trip that I would be happy in bringing my Banshee Scream? or do I want to bring my "shortie"?
- the Banshee would enjoy the rides for sure!- and I will have to drool over it:slobber: I'm bringing my Azonic Avenger(6" fr &rr). Is your Scream(i am so jealous) set up 8" or 10" travel? I last time I rode Goosberry and Guacamole I rode my Rocky Mtn RM9 and was fine but it was a workout hauling that much weight.

Sombeech
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
So many trails, so little time! :eek2:

blueeyes
02-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah well that is why ya just move down here. And then you still don't have time to ride them all! :lol8:

Garbanzo
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm thinking I'm in. I've yet to do a Bogley ride down South. It sounds like a blast and I love the area. After riding that area on the Moto, I'd better step it up at the gym!!

Sombeech
02-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I just found out that I can take off work that Friday now, so I'll be able to head down Thursday night. :cool2:

Sombeech
02-23-2011, 11:22 AM
On a side note, I'll be bringing my family down there, and I'll have some definite family time with them. I won't be able to make all the rides with y'all.

accadacca
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
On a side note, I'll be bringing my family down there, and I'll have some definite family time with them. I won't be able to make all the rides with y'all.
:compthrow:

gholt
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I've never been on a Bogley trip. I have relatives down there. What is the scoop on these Bogley trips?

It should like it could be real fun.

theking648
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
I've never been on a Bogley trip. I have relatives down there. What is the scoop on these Bogley trips?

It should like it could be real fun.

disorganized, last minute changes, no one is on time, and they get lost easy. :roflol: :roflol:

this is starting to get a little big. so maybe we need to make a thread where we can schedule all the rides and have everyone post phone numbers or something. cause sometimes things change, like mark being a dork and getting hurt. :lol8: just kidding mark, you're still my favorite McFarland brother. :lol8:

and like Justin i may not be in on all the rides like gooseberry.

fourtycal
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
disorganized, last minute changes, no one is on time, and they get lost easy. :roflol: :roflol:

You pegged it! :lol8:

i may not be in on all the rides like gooseberryDon't like Gooseberry? It's toward the top of my all time favorites list. I need a good one to help justify camping out in the winter :mrgreen:

I like your idea of scheduled rides, no one has to schedule Gooseberry in on my account. I will watch and show up to ride the ones I can make. :popcorn:

greyhair biker
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
We likes a big Bogley shindig! Anyone can e-mail me or PM me here and we can exchange phone #s. Chere' and I are trying to figure out some kind of a campsite but anyone can get a room if they'd rather. Fourtycal and I have done the hotel before but it looks like our schedules arent meshing for a hotel but I'm open to camping. Give Chere' and me suggestions or give us a chance to talk more & we'll get it posted up here. As far as 'organized' trail rides....well....:roflol::roflol:.....oh...sorry. We'll work on that one. It sounds like Gooseberry on saturday, maybe and afternoon ride or just shower up and meet for dinner in town.:rockit:

blueeyes
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Wade and I will get a thread going with the details soon. I am coordinating this with the SLC Mtn Bike group as well. So far 8 adults have signed on two kids are also coming so I will plan a few kid friendly rides. Also dinner somewhere so others who are not biking but would like to socialize can meet up with us as well. Maybe that will be exclusive to Bogley folks.

Sombeech
02-24-2011, 06:11 AM

True, we do try to fit too many rides in while we're down there. :lol8:

greyhair biker
02-26-2011, 07:00 PM
My wife wants to come, so we are looking for a hotel now. :nod::cool2: She is a much more tame rider but I'll be riding some advanced stuff fo sho! It's looking more and more like we're staying in Springdale:ride:

greyhair biker
03-02-2011, 03:46 PM
My wife and I are staying at the Bumbleberry Inn in Springdale. March 17, 18,19, and checking out the 20th. There might be more rooms left there. :cool2:
Word I'm getting is that we'll need to have a tame ride for the less adventurous and as many rides as we can handle for the more advanced nuts. Don't have a plan yet for thursday night yet. I'll be in contact with Chere' - maybe she'll be in her new place by then....:clap:

Rides suggested, and I can add more:
Gooseberry
Icehouse - not familiar with this one but some of you are-
Bear Claw Poppy
JEM
Church Rocks - through the tunnel trail

I am pretty sure that saturday we'll get together for dinner - place to be determined.
Lunches are of course up to you guys---or have been since no one will know when the rides will correspond with a noon time feed.
It has been suggested to run to Mesquite one night for buffet but I'll leave that one open.
Anyone can chime in here for suggestions.:ride:

Garbanzo
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm in for the dinner and any rides that are planned. I will be staying at the Travelodge in Hurricane from Thursday night to Monday morning.

blueeyes
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
If you are interested in camping Kyle's group will be camping out at Sand Hollow. There are both primitive beach camping sites (tenting it), as well as main campground hookup sites (RV style). The RV sites can be reserved ahead of time for $28/night, while the primitive sites go for $15/night. The primitive sites seem to be first-come-first-served.

Wade all this waiting on paperwork is so hard to be patient!:crazy: Fingers are crossed for a closing on the 9th and I can move in next weekend. :party:House warming BBQ at my place.

greyhair biker
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm in for the dinner and any rides that are planned. I will be staying at the Travelodge in Hurricane from Thursday night to Monday morning.
PM me or Blueeyes with your phone so we can coordinate!
........that goes for all y'all!

jinx
03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Bad timing. The 19th is the semi-annual Black Diamond gear swap. I am looking for a new(to me) porta-ledge and more wide gear, otherwise I would be there!

nelsonccc
03-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Bad timing. The 19th is the semi-annual Black Diamond gear swap. I am looking for a new(to me) porta-ledge and more wide gear, otherwise I would be there!

I've got a portaledge. It's a Pika double wammy. It's in great shape just collecting dust in my garage. I'd part with it for very little $ just to make more room. If you're interested I'll take some pics.

Sombeech
03-09-2011, 10:05 AM
bump;

I'm headed down Thursday night with the family. I'm good to bike Friday and Saturday, all day both days. Then I've committed Sunday and Monday to family time, pretty strict on that one. :fitz:

I saw a video on Icehouse a while ago and thought it looked cool, and the keyword "shuttle" sounds very appealing. I'll have to borrow a big bike to hit Broken Mesa at the end though.

JEM and Bear Claw Poppy are always necessities for me, and I'd like to try out Barrel Roll.

greyhair biker
03-13-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm riding friday and saturday for sure somewhere - we'll already be there and I am an early riser:mrgreen:. My wife wants to take a shuttle into Zions friday - before the government closes the parks because congress can't seem to come to resolution:angryfire: then we are looking to get a group together to ride a more tame ride for beginners/flatlanders maybe that afternoon - Blueeyes will have a ride picked out for that one. Friday dinner has yet to be determined still and where.
Saturday's trails havent been nailed down yet but I figure one sometime in the morning and that afternoon maybe, then a group dinner - that has yet to be determined where yet.
Sunday is open and we are heading back home that day....long drive for us:nod:

blueeyes
03-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Sorry sorry!! I have been soooo busy moving.

I definitely want to do BBQ at my place one of those nights. So if we are doing a tame ride on Fri let do the BBQ that night. Ok gotta run and move that BBQ. Sooooooo excited!!!

nelsonccc
03-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Looking good. Just remember that I'm new and I do not want to be wadded up in some corner on some extreme downhill trail! I'm bringing my motorcycle as well as my mtn bike. I'll likely stay with my parents in St. George but I'm open to camping as well. Looks like garbonzo and I will moto one day and mtn bike the rest. But I"m open to whatever.

gholt
03-14-2011, 11:59 AM
My wife and kids are going to be down there, I'm just deciding wheter or not it would be go to get a few more days of snowboarding in.

theking648
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
if you ride a dirtbike, then you won't have a problem with st. george's "extreme downhill trails" if there is such a thing. :lol8:

we defiantly need to do Icehouse on Friday or Saturday while we have the shuttle vehicles I drove to the top in my car and it's not fun.. doable but not fun.. however the lower part of the road was smooth I got up to 70mph going down. :cool2:

and justin you need an intervention... Jem and Bearclaw and even Zen are cool, but they're not that cool. if someone wants to do zen again I'll punch them in the face (with love)... don't get me wrong zen is fun, but i'd rather waste my energy on three trails then one. like rim rock, barrel roll, and sidewinder.

also when Redfox was down we noticed an option to do a loop ride on anasazi, however we were not sure how bad it was damaged by the flood.

there was talk about church rock too which i think is a good idea... I haven't seen a schedule from chere but i think this might work out good.

friday:
prospector to church rocks (beginner - intermediate ride)
ice house (bring your balls :lol8: and brown pants) JK I don't know how bad this trail is.
BBQ

saturday:
maybe jem (beginner ride)
--then the rest of the day in santa clara
maybe barrel roll. rim rock is like barrel roll but much more fun.
rim rock (beginner - intermediate ride)

sunday: (lazy day for anyone who isn't busy with other stuff)
Anasazi (beginner ride)
and anything anyone wants to try...

*this is just my idea, and I haven't seen anything from chere or wade.

blueeyes
03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
I am liking your suggestions Dave. More from me hopefully tonight. I am up to my eyeballs in packing paper and boxes. And my computer is in the old place until I get internet in the new place.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Sombeech
03-14-2011, 02:30 PM
and justin you need an intervention...

NO!!

Actually I'm not too excited about Zen this time around either, but JEM and Bear Claw are musts for me. I only get to ride them once or twice a year :mrgreen: That can be done in one day, and possibly fit in a third trail. Then the second day I'm open to whatever.

Garbanzo
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I just want to know where the rides are on Saturday. I haven't rode any of these on my Mtn Bike, so as soon as someone has a definite on Saturday's ride(s), I'm there.:ride:

REDFOX
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Redspecialized and I would llike to check out the Barrel trail Sunday and then head home. Since he has never ridden the Southern utah trails, I would like to show him the classicsride the South rim of gooseberry and then bearclaw and then probably paradise on Saturday. We will also be driving down there early Saturday morning. I am open to coordinating with other riders so that we can ride some trails as a group larger than 2.

greyhair biker
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok, just talked to Chere'(blueyes) and we have made a tentative schedule. Thursday we'll arrive in Springdale and meet up with Chere' & her kids for dinner and more planning BUT here is what we've come up with so far:

Friday - Morning ride (to be determined) then lunch near wherever we've ridden. Friday afternoon at 3:30pm will be a beginner ride on Anasazi Trail. I am told it can be ridden by anyone. It's about 2hours long. Follow this up with a BBQ Dinner at Chere's new house at 6:30pm.

Saturday - Morning ride meeting at JEM trailhead(south) at 8:30am. We would like to shuttle this one -ending near Virgin. Lunch wherever people decide. THEN, an afternoon ride on Gooseberry. Dinner to be determined since we have families everywhere.

We do understand that some won't want to ride these particular trails or even in this order but these are the ones we are getting the most feedback on. If you guys want to do several different trails at the same time & then meet up at a central location for lunches we are game for that. We can fit in BearClaw, Paradise or whatever we still have power to do. :mrgreen::ride:

greyhair biker
03-14-2011, 08:43 PM
These people I have phone #'s :

Blueeyes
Garbanzo
Sombeech
Fourtycal
Accadacca

If anyone else would like me to keep them in the loop down there please pm me or Chere'(blueeyes). :cool2:

Sombeech
03-14-2011, 09:10 PM
These people I have phone #'s :

Blueeyes
Garbanzo
Sombeech
Fourtycal
Accadacca

If anyone else would like me to keep them in the loop down there please pm me or Chere'(blueeyes). :cool2:
I just PM'd you REDFOX (shawn), glasscutter (Mark) and theking648 (Dave) phone numbers.

greyhair biker
03-15-2011, 03:41 AM
:2thumbs:thanks!:cool2:

nelsonccc
03-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Sorry, I’m going to have to back out. Due to the tsunami the Hawaii port Authority closed their shipping port over the weekend and our container won’t arrive at the Disney site till today (instead of Saturday) which means that instead of my big Disney meeting occurring on Wednesday it’ll occur on Friday. So I’m not going to make it up since I typically have a day or two of work to do after the meeting. I apologize but it's really out of my control and in the current job market I don't want to be the one missing the meeting with my staff there instead of me. Yikes!

I'm bummed since this was shaping up to be fun. At least I'll be able to get away for a moto ride saturday morning and I'm hitting bootleg again this afternoon after work.

You guys have fun!

accadacca
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Redspecialized and I will probable ride the South rim of gooseberry and then bearclaw and then probably paradise on Saturday. We will also be driving down there early Saturday morning. Sunday I would llike to check out the Barrel trail and then head home. Since he has never ridden the Southern utah trails, I would like to show him the classics. I am open to coordinating with other riders so that we can ride some trails as a group larger than 2.
It looks like everyone has plans going in different directions as usual. Let me throw my preferences into the mix. :lol8:

I would also lean toward riding Gooseberry on Saturday morning. It takes a while just to get out there and the trail can also burn some serious time. I have ridden it in the afternoon before and ran out of daylight. Some peeps might run out of steam as well. :haha:

My preference would be to ride Gooseberry early Saturday morning and then hit barrel roll after that. I just talked to fourtycal and this plan made sense to him as well. :ride:
Where are we going to meet for dinner on Saturday night? Perhaps the locals should name the place and call it good. :popcorn:

theking648
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Chere has my number...

we need to have ice house in there for Friday or Saturday while we have the vehicles.

i would say
Friday: (beginner day)
8:00 JEM (meet at bottom)
Ice House (meet at bottom)(fallow over from JEM)
Anasazi, paradise or none (depending on time)
BBQ (what time?)

Saturday: (workout day)
8:00 Gooseberry (for one group) Bearclaw (for second group)(depending on people)
Anasazi, or barrel roll (second group while we wait for the others)
12:00 or 1:00 Rim Rock (a workout to keep everyone honest)

Sunday: for anyone who's left not doing other things...
plan it as we go... pissing contest, fishing, make plans to steal wades bike. :lol8:

as long as we have ice house I don't care what we do. my list took care of everything Justin and his posse wanted, and split Saturday morning into two groups ones that want to go all the way back out to gooseberry and ones that want to stay here and play around. I chose rim rock instead of barrel roll because it's the same exact thing except rim rock is much cooler.

as for lunch I don't think many of us care.. i don't. if you get hungry bring something, but most of the time I'm having to much fun to notice I'm hungry. beef jerky is a quick cure. :cool2:

what do you think chere, or wade.

or maybe put gooseberry, jem, ice house on the same day.. I don't think my car would like the road to gooseberry though.

then saturday. bearclaw, rim rock, anasazi.

nelsonccc
03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
It looks like everyone has plans going in different directions as usual. Let me throw my preferences into the mix. :lol8:

I would also lean toward riding Gooseberry on Saturday morning. It takes a while just to get out there and the trail can also burn some serious time. I have ridden it in the afternoon before and ran out of daylight. Some peeps might run out of steam as well. :haha:

My preference would be to ride Gooseberry early Saturday morning and then hit barrel roll after that. I just talked to fourtycal and this plan made sense to him as well. :ride:
Where are we going to meet for dinner on Saturday night? Perhaps the locals should name the place and call it good. :popcorn:

Are you and fourty bringing your moyorcycles? If so i may have to rethink my work ethic......

accadacca
03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
If so i may have to rethink my work ethic......
:haha:

I talked to Keith today and I don't think he is bringing his MX down. He will probably be down on Friday night and ride MTB with us on Sat. He took last Friday off as did I.

I am still sitting on the fence, but leaning toward taking the new pumpkin down. I talked to Garbanzo on the phone today for a while. I would really like to ride MX on Friday and MTB on Saturday. I am anxious to explore some new riding areas down there and it would be cool to ride with some locals if possible. I need some more terrain options for winter riding.

Garbanzo
03-15-2011, 06:13 PM
You guys are killing me.:facepalm: Get the Pumpkin fixed/ Call in sick to work. Problem(s) solved.:2thumbs: I hope this works.

Kent K25
03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
i would say
Friday: (beginner day)
8:00 JEM (meet at bottom)
Ice House (meet at bottom)(fallow over from JEM)
Anasazi, paradise or none (depending on time)
BBQ (what time?)

My Saturday is shot due to my wife's work party in the morning (I skipped the last one so I can't skip this one) and then me and my dad have plans to get a lot of work done the rest of the day.

I am down with the Friday plans though. JEM and Icehouse for sure for me, and then probably done for the day so my wife can head in to work for a bit.

REDFOX
03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
What kind of work party do you have on a Saturday ? Saturdays are for playing. Isn't this the annual bogley bike fest .:ride:

greyhair biker
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm sure we could switch rides and do Gooseberry first in the morning saturday. I can get up there from Springdale easy enough.

greyhair biker
03-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Friday update: JEM Trail at 8am followed by IceHouse - both are shuttles. Then, Anasazi at 3:30 followed by the bbq at Chere's - BRING YOUR OWN MEAT & DRINKS.

Saturday - 8:30 am -Gooseberry then Stucki Springs. Dinner saturday at Pasta Factory in St. George. Chere' will get reservations.
.......anything else guys??

accadacca
03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Trying to get stuff put back together. New tires on my MTB and new fork seals on my MX. I got the tires done tonight. Now I am waiting for a fork cap remover to start work on my MX forks. Too many hobbies... :haha:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae91/accadacca1/dfc2b731.jpg

greyhair biker
03-16-2011, 03:34 AM
:2thumbs:I'd pick the MTB but then I guess you knew that:haha:

blueeyes
03-16-2011, 05:48 AM
For the BBQ if you are coming PM and I will give you directions or I can give you directions after the Anasazi ride.

I will having the fixings for hamburgers and other yummy side dishes. I have a great grill so bring what ever meat you would like to grill and something to drink. I am hoping to have my fire pit in but we will see.

I will check today to see if we can make reservations at the Pizza Factory on St. George Blvd and report back.

Looking forward to riding with you all!

blueeyes
03-16-2011, 06:13 AM
I think we should add Paradise on Friday after Icehouse. Both those morning rides are downhill and Paradise is a short ride.

Garbanzo
03-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Trying to get stuff put back together. New tires on my MTB and new fork seals on my MX. I got the tires done tonight. Now I am waiting for a fork cap remover to start work on my MX forks. Too many hobbies... :haha:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae91/accadacca1/dfc2b731.jpg

Nah, Just the right hobbies.:nod: I have my fingers crossed for the tool to show up.

nelsonccc
03-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Fork seals are super easy. Are you sure you actually need to replace the seals? I take a business card and slide it up between the stanchion and seal and that has stopped the leak several times. Usually, especially after riding mud, a piece can get stuck in there and cause the leak when the seal is still fine. Might be worth trying.

accadacca
03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Fork seals are super easy. Are you sure you actually need to replace the seals? I take a business card and slide it up between the stanchion and seal and that has stopped the leak several times. Usually, especially after riding mud, a piece can get stuck in there and cause the leak when the seal is still fine. Might be worth trying.
Hmmmm I have never tried the business card trick. This seal was leaking all over the place. :ne_nau:

I have replaced seals on all my bikes, but this one needs a special tool: http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0290/

BTW, headed down Thursday night and will ride MX with Garbanzo on Friday and MTB on Saturday with the crew. If you can make it happen... :ride:

nelsonccc
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Hmmmm I have never tried the business card trick. This seal was leaking all over the place. :ne_nau:

I have replaced seals on all my bikes, but this one needs a special tool: http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0290/

BTW, headed down Thursday night and will ride MX with Garbanzo on Friday and MTB on Saturday with the crew. If you can make it happen... :ride:

Take a card, and slide the corner up into the seal, slightly rolling the card to match the curve, roundness, of the stanchion. then once the corner is up in the seal rotate the card side to side all the way around the seal.

In my experience, seals rarely really go bad. They typically are leaking because something is lodged in there. My DR650 was leaking bad, like a puddle on the floor in the morning, and I did the card trick and no more leaking. I topped off the oil and I've been riding her for the last year with no more leaking. I've done it a few times on my YZ, usually after riding wet sand or mud, and it works everytime.

I'm going to try to make it happen but we'll see....I won't know for sure till late thursday night.

accadacca
03-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Friday update: JEM Trail at 8am followed by IceHouse - both are shuttles. Then, Anasazi at 3:30 followed by the bbq at Chere's - BRING YOUR OWN MEAT & DRINKS.

Saturday - 8:30 am -Gooseberry then Stucki Springs. Dinner saturday at Pasta Factory in St. George. Chere' will get reservations.
.......anything else guys??

Sounds like a plan. :ride:

jjaanbutt
03-17-2011, 03:55 AM
im going to my grandma im having a bike ship to a store in st. George im going to spend two weeks in st. George for thanksgiving

Garbanzo
03-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Let's see, I'm 46 yrs old, It's not xmas. Hmm, WHY THE HELL AM I UP ALREADY?!!:angryfire: Ok, It is like Xmas for me. I woke up at 3:30am, and guess what I was thinking about? Other than that..... You guess'd it, the Bogley Shin Dig (as Wade calls it). Is my bike ok, Is the moto ok, did I pack enough.....? And on and on and on. I was going to leave at about 10am. It's looking more like 7am.:naughty: Sorry, I shouldn't say hell with Jesus in the background. My bad.

Pelon1
03-17-2011, 08:00 AM
I think we should add Paradise on Friday after Icehouse. Both those morning rides are downhill and Paradise is a short ride.

I should be off tomorrow to ride, I can also help with the shuttle, (just need to find a bike rack for my truck) PM'ed ya, let me know. Thanks

nelsonccc
03-17-2011, 09:02 AM
im going to my grandma im having a bike ship to a store in st. George im going to spend two weeks in st. George for thanksgiving

spam:angryfire:

blueeyes
03-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Pelon I have one if ya have a 4" receiver. PM'd you.

Garbanzo :lol8: you beat me this morning I woke up at 5PM running around like mad trying to unpack my stuff so I can find my bike gear. :ride:

Sombeech
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Garbanzo texts me at 6:00 am to say he's on the road. :ride:

blueeyes
03-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Just got a message from Wade they are in La Verkin. Kids and I are baking lemon cookies and brownies for tomorrows BBQ.

accadacca
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
I am about the leave the office to head home, load up and hit the road. :clap:

greyhair biker
03-17-2011, 04:29 PM
...resting now at the Bumbleberry - Springdale. upper 50's & cloudy. Pleasant for what we've just come from:mrgreen:.Carolyn & I are doing dinner tonight with Chere' & kids. :fitz::haha::cool2::2thumbs:

Kent K25
03-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Rode Icehouse today (kind wife dropped me off at the top). Great trail, a little too bumpy in sections (lots of lava rock) but a fun downhill all the way around.

Sombeech
03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Friday update: JEM Trail at 8am
So is it even daylight by then? :eek2:

Pelon1
03-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Here ya go! (http://tinyurl.com/5uj47oj)

fourtycal
03-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm all loaded up and waiting for 5pm, off work then driving south. Ride-On is on the fence still, nothing like waiting till the very last minute to decide :haha:

It sounds like we are meeting at the gooseberry trailhead Saturday morning, redfox and redspecialized may not make it until 9:30 or so since they are driving down in the morning, hope it warms up a bit more by then anyway.

See you all there:2thumbs:

RedSpecialized
03-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Redfox & I decided last min. to drive down to cedar city tonight (no room in st. George). We will be meeting fourtycal and the rest of the bogley crew at gooseberry sat. morning @ 9.00 am.

sent from Samsung Epic 4g

greyhair biker
03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Good day of riding all around! Rode JEM this morning and Icehouse this afternoon. The BBQ at Chere's was deeeelicious! Thanks Chere'!! See you all at Gooseberry trailhead tomorrow morning!:ride:

dbaxter
03-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks Chere' :clap: Maybe one day I will stop being a big baby and ride the good stuff with all you crazies. ~sigh~.
Dinner at your house was fun and Pasta factory was good too. Here are some pix from last night. I didn't post all of the closeups--not sure who wants their wife or kids on here. (I figured the members are fair game). But I'll send the rest to your email if you want.

accadacca
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Nice to meet all of you at Chere's house and for the ride on Gooseberry Mesa. I had a great time riding with everyone...what a fun group! I had to get back Saturday night for some planned family b-day time today, so I missed the 2nd dinner.

Looking forward to seeing all your pictures and video. I have a few that I will post from the ride. I got this picture of dbaxter's awesome looking taco with a bogley sticker. :2thumbs:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae91/accadacca1/5ba848f6.jpg

dbaxter
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Nice to meet all of you at Chere's house and for the ride on Gooseberry Mesa. I had a great time riding with everyone...what a fun group! I had to get back Saturday night for some planned family b-day time today, so I missed the 2nd dinner.

Looking forward to seeing all your pictures and video. I have a few that I will post from the ride. I got this picture of dbaxter's awesome looking taco with a bogley sticker. :2thumbs:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae91/accadacca1/5ba848f6.jpg

It IS an awesome sticker-isn't it :nod:

Garbanzo
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
It was great to get to meet a bunch of the Bogley group.:clap: Thanks Chere for the bbq and congrats on the new pad. Sorry I didn't make the Pasta Factory dinner.:cry1: I had a great time on Gooseberry. What a great group of people you are.This was my first time Mtn Biking in St George and I'm ready to plan other trip here. You all made it very fun. I can't wait to see all of the posted photos.

blueeyes
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Dana thanks for bringing your camera! I left mine in the car. doh...

Dinner was fantastic. :clap: Wade and I didn't really expect a big turn out, I think we underestimated. Missed all of you who couldn't make it!

REDFOX
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
It was great to meet some new people at dinner. I enjoyed dinner and the company.

RedSpecialized
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
This was my first trip with the bogley crew, I had a great time riding with all of you. Thanks to all who made it possible. We'll definately have to do it again. I have some some more pics and video that I will post soon I hope.42675 Gooseberry Mesa

greyhair biker
03-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Great Time Y'all! It was filled with some awesome riding and good time with good friends:2thumbs:. Can't wait to do it again! - --it's late for me...long drive home today and ran out of time to post pics up here- will put them up soon:nod:

greyhair biker
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Almost forgot - We stopped by Bo Beck's store, Desert Rat, to visit with him and he was in SLC:cry1:. I did pick up a Desert Rat T-shirt though. Great shop! I was not prepared to buy but I'll have to stop in there again. You have a great shop Bo!:2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Almost forgot - We stopped by Bo Beck's store, Desert Rat, to visit with him and he was in SLC:cry1:. I did pick up a Desert Rat T-shirt though. Great shop! I was not prepared to buy but I'll have to stop in there again. You have a great shop Bo!:2thumbs:

I caught him on Monday :bandit:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=42807&d=1300918744

Bo_Beck
03-25-2011, 06:05 AM

I was really looking forward to meeting and riding with you! My daughter closed on her new home and needed a hand moving in; ahhhhh, but the parental obligations must over-ride the whims and other earthly desires! Look forward to getting together with you and the Bogley Clan next time for sure! Thanks for dropping in!:nod:

Bo_Beck
03-25-2011, 06:08 AM

Good to see you again Sombeech! Next time I hope to get involved with the group activities! Can't wait to ride with everyone!

nelsonccc
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM

http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=42807&d=1300918744

I didn't think anyone still wore jean shorts.....:lol8:

accadacca
03-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I didn't think anyone still wore jean shorts.....:lol8:
:roflol: Hey man, we are getting old. :facepalm1:

Sombeech
03-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I guess it's time to go to Old Navy

Sombeech
03-25-2011, 03:38 PM
the drive home

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

greyhair biker
03-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Next time for sure Bo!:nod:

Garbanzo
04-02-2011, 08:33 AM

You know, I had heard about trying this trick before, but didn't believe it.:roll: I scratched my fork tube and buffed most of it out, but it leaked a little. The leak got worse recently, so i tried the card trick. Rode 3 hard hours at 5 mile and guess what? That's right, dry as a bone!!!:nod: First off, I will never pay someone to replace a seal again (you're right, they are a piece of cake) since I watched a Rocky Mtn ATV video online that explains how to do it. Secondly, I will never assume the seal is bad until I try the card trick. Can you imagine how many seals have been replaced that aren't bad?!!:crazy: Good call, and thanks for driving this point home. It saved me a @$250.00 fork tube and the seal replacement. :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I was the same way. I paid for my seals to be done then learned how to do it myself. Then heard about the card trick. I haven't done seal replacement since. I do the card trick now and the leak always stop.

Glad to hear it worked.