PDA

View Full Version : Free dispersed camping near Boulder City, NV

canyoncaver
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi all,

I searched this topic and found nothing, so here I am asking.

Can someone recommend a free camp spot between Las Vegas and Boulder City? Some friends and I are doing the Black Canyon kayak run on Friday-Saturday. We are driving down from N. Utah Thursday night, arriving in the area around 11pm. We have to meet the outfitter at 7:15am Friday in BC.

We are just looking for a free, legal, reasonably safe place to pull off and sleep for six hours. No toilets, tables, etc. necessary. Willing to drive over into AZ if that is the ticket, just need to be within 10 miles or so from BC so we don't have to get up too early. I have driven through once, but am not very familiar with the area.

If anyone can help us out, I promise to pay you back with a good Bogley trip report next week.

Thanks!

denaliguide
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
as you come out of vegas and over the last hill towards boulder there is a highway junction. the road to the south, highway 95, goes to needles. there is a huge dry lake bed on the right just a couple of miles down the road. its the eldorado dry lake. used to see people camped there all the time, riding their atv's and flying their rc planes, etc.. you could pull over there and get some sleep. there are also plenty of side roads or, turn left on highway 165 and find a spot. shouldn't be too hard. lots of empty desert out there.

canyoncaver
02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks! This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.