PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera Super Bowl National Anthem goof up

Sombeech
02-07-2011, 07:09 AM
The National Anthem is so commonly messed up, I would not dare sing it in front of millions of people without a cheat sheet of some kind. :haha:

'Less than a minute into her rendition, Aguilera ran into some trouble. Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming" she improvised "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming."'

I admit, I didn't notice it as I was watching though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk-ysVsT3sA&safety_mode=true&persist_sa

Iceaxe
02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Yup, easy to mess up your lyrics when you have been lip syncing your whole life.

tallsteve
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
...or, as some blogger pointed out, each single syllable word/note turned into a paragraph!

ratagonia
02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
The National Anthem is so commonly messed up, I would not dare sing it in front of millions of people without a cheat sheet of some kind. :haha:

'Less than a minute into her rendition, Aguilera ran into some trouble. Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming" she improvised "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming."'

I admit, I didn't notice it as I was watching though.

She seems to be a regular on the Anthem circuit, so you'd think she'd have it down by now. Good job gliding over the glitch and keeping going, such that many people would not even notice. (45 seconds of chitchat at the beginning of this...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leTzT3v_mls

So much better than her previous performance at the Superbowl. She does always seem very impressed with her own voice.

Tom :moses:

Kent K25
02-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I love how the biggest cheer is for the troops and when she is DONE. LOL

Brian in SLC
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't much care for her style, but, I thought she did fine, and, kept her poise when she flubbed. She can sing, unlike most of her contemporaries.