PDA

View Full Version : Rich Carlson's Daughter

oldno7
02-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I no longer go to the ACA site very personal reasons. For some reason today I looked over there enough to see that Rich's daughter, Ashley was critically injured in a car accident. I really like Ashley and want to wish her the very best for a successful recovery.

tanya
02-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I have been reading about her on FB. Sounds horrible. I have no idea what happened? Was it a canyoneering accident? I have never met her, but all children are precious. I do know she has a very bad broken arm and had surgery and pins to fix it and then also has a broken pelvis.

rcwild
02-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Thank you for your concern, Kurt. Ashley is at home now after a couple weeks in the trauma center at IMC in Murray. Limited to bed and wheelchair for now due to a broken back and pelvis, but she is expected to make a full recovery.

She was north-bound on I-15 on her way to work at Brian Head. Hit a deer at the Summit exit, swerved into the median and was ejected from the car before it was destroyed by two south-bound semis. If she was wearing her seat belt and remained in the car she would not have survived.

tanya
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
How horrible. There is not much worse than having an injured child.

~huge hug!~

:nomystery::feelgood:

shaggy125
02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
She was in the trauma center at IMC? I can't believe I never saw you. I work in there all the time. Was she on a ventilator for part of her time in STICU? If she was I probably took care of her at some point. I work graveyards though so if you were never there late at night or early in the morning you would not have seen me. Very sorry to hear about her accident, glad she is recovering.

denaliguide
02-04-2011, 01:59 PM
whoa!! glad she survived. i hope she makes a speedy recovery.

dbaxter
02-04-2011, 05:24 PM
SO VERY happy to hear she's doing well and Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks for sharing Kurt.

Scott Card
02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your daughter. I hope she fully recovers. Best wishes.