PDA

View Full Version : new guy

P.J.
01-28-2011, 04:56 PM
As a relative newcomer to slot canyons (with a little climbing experience), I was very excited to come across this forum (referred from climbutah). I don't know many people who enjoy canyoneering, and only a couple who climb on occasion, so my data base is virtually nil, and this site seems full of great information.
I've only done a few slots, but I attached some photos of my recent solo trip to the main fork of Bluejohn (solo because as I said, I know few, if any, people who share my interest). 2 years ago I did the Aron Ralston loop (mt. biked from Horseshoe Canyon campground to the top of Bluejohn, down the main fork to the big drop, and the slog down Horseshoe to my truck). I did it with a friend who has since moved to Alaska.
I also did Moonshine Wash 2 weeks ago (again, solo), which was a beautiful canyon as well.
I'm planning a trip to High Spur in a couple weeks with my 2 brothers, and look forward to many more trips, including the opportunity to meet people on this site with more experience than I have who would be willing to have me tag along and learn the ways (I'm a good camp cook and only 5 ft 6 in. so I don't take up too much space!).
Many happy adventures,
P.J.

CarpeyBiggs
01-28-2011, 05:08 PM
welcome aboard! great place to meet new folks, lots of people who get out regularly.

P.J.
01-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks, Carpey.
I just saw the freezefest video. Looks like some good times.

trackrunner
01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
welcome :wave:

I need to get out canyoneering soon maybe our schedules will line up for a trip.

tanya
01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome!

P.J.
01-28-2011, 11:02 PM
welcome :wave:

I need to get out canyoneering soon maybe our schedules will line up for a trip.
With a week or two notice, I'm quite flexible. I'd like to do 3 or 4 trips this spring. I'm completely open to any location, and eager to learn the tricks (I have gear and some climbing experience, but definitely still a novice). I'd love to tag along with some people who know what they're doing.

accadacca
01-29-2011, 10:33 AM
You found THE place. Welcome!

rclimb
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
welcome and yes I'm new to the hole canyon fun and is work on getting more friend so i can do it more. so keep me inform on you next trip and i will see if i can go.