PDA

View Full Version : The Other Fantasy Canyon

oldno7
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I arrived after sunset and was in a big hurry to get back to work, took several shots in about 5 minutes and left.

oldno7
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
I had my tripod in my truck but decided I didn't have enough time to use it, hence all handheld, some with very slow shutter speeds.

Pelon1
01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Sweet shots:nod: Looks a little cooler at the North Fantasy Canyon, is it worth visiting or should we just stick to the southern one?

gnwatts
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
The first 3 are great.

oldno7
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys, I didn't have enough time to see it all. Took me longer to get out there than I thought it would.
But even without seeing it all, it in no way compares to our Southern version.

Win
01-28-2011, 05:58 AM
I think you did fine considering the circumstances, I'd be shaking from the cold.

Win

blueeyes
01-28-2011, 06:08 AM
You guys have given me a trip idea. Now I just need the right weekend. I googled where this is and it is not far from where we own property that I have not visited since Sarah was 3 months old. After seeing Kurt and Thane's pics I want to see these for myself. Now I just need to talk my Dad into meeting us out there.

oldno7
01-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Chere'
We have done a lot of internal joking in regards to these locations, keep in mind, what Thane photographed, and my post, are 2 completely different areas, seperated by hundreds of miles. Sorry for the confusion.

blueeyes
01-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Ok I will keep that in mind. But there is a fantasy canyon up by Vernal right that has those formations? Or am I completely off base?

oldno7
01-28-2011, 07:48 AM
This post IS the Fantasy Canyon up by Vernal, the only "real" Fantasy Canyon.

blueeyes
01-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I did get from the posts there was a second place and that this one is the real Fantasy Canyon. I just think those formations are cool and looked to see where Fantasy Canyon is and realized it was close to our property. I love this photo that I found on the net http://u000233021.photoshelter.com/image/I0000ivQcsdqeIcY. I have been planning a trip that way for sometime now just not enough guts to do it by myself with the kids. The property is remote and rough roads getting into now that most the oil rigs are shut down they don't keep the roads up like they use to. I am 98% sure I can find my way into our property but it is that 2% that keeps me from going by myself. Plus the last time I was there the old road in was definitely high clearance 4X4 only and the newer road in was getting that way. From my estimation it would be about a 2 1/2 hour drive from our propety, a fun day trip of hiking when we do make this trip. The kids would love the rock formations.