PDA

View Full Version : The Jimmer Man-Crush

uintahiker
01-27-2011, 09:23 AM
So, I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are after Jimmer Fredette has gone for 40+ points in 3 of the last 4 games. Who's loving it and wants more, who thinks "so what", and who hates it?

CarpeyBiggs
01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
hahaha. i went to the game last night. it was SICK. guy is out of his mind right now. definitely one of the best games i can remember going to, but all that means is he is good in college ball. i think it's a stretch to assume he'll do much in the nba.

Iceaxe
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
He'll do just fine in the NBA... not saying he will be a Kobe type superstar, but he will be playing NBA ball for the next ten to fifteen years and pocketing plenty of coin.

tanya
01-27-2011, 11:09 AM
I am not feeling a female crush thing at all. :mrgreen:

accadacca
01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
He has certainly punched a ticket to the NBA.

Scott Card
01-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I am on the Jimmer train. I held off for a long time but I gotta tell ya, I think he is the real deal. He has performed beyond my expectations and in some pretty tense situations. I liked this t-shirt

Kent K25
01-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Do you know who that is Scott? Pretty sure she was in my ward growing up.

live2ride
01-27-2011, 01:44 PM
I have a man crush and would love to see him get a chance in the NBA? Sure he is going in the first round and will get paid, but will he get a chance to prove himself?

Scott Card
01-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Do you know who that is Scott? Pretty sure she was in my ward growing up.

Here is the link to the story. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14606036/jimmer-show-a-big-hit-that-leaves-fans-wanting-more

Her name (married?) is Chelsy Erickson. I don't know her but the t-shirt was pretty funny.

denaliguide
01-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Who's loving it and wants more, who thinks "so what", and who hates it?

and who is simply wondering, "who is jimmer fredette"? :roflol:

CarpeyBiggs
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
and who is simply wondering, "who is jimmer fredette"? :roflol:

Kent K25
01-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Here is the link to the story. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14606036/jimmer-show-a-big-hit-that-leaves-fans-wanting-more

Her name (married?) is Chelsy Erickson. I don't know her but the t-shirt was pretty funny.

Yep, that's her, how funny.

accadacca
01-31-2011, 11:39 AM
I guess the Cougs finally went down. I didn't watch the game, but a friend here at the office said New Mexico got hot and put them away.

Kent K25
01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Poor team defense by BYU down the stretch and New Mexico exploited it by hitting several open threes.

Scott Card
02-08-2011, 04:31 PM
This is too funny to pass up.... First the link to the ESPN article about an epic facebook thread about Jimmer

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/22753/jimmer-mania-gives-us-epic-facebook-thread

and second, what I was able to find of the thread...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9183/peralta.png

:roflol:

Sombeech
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
It was sure nice of ESPN to post a link showing all of those full Facebook account names. :lol8:

Scott Card
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
"The Jimmer" is now the MWC Player of the Year, CBS Sports Player of the Year and Sports Illustrated POY. . . . . and counting.

Kent K25
03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
52 for the Jimmer!

Iceaxe
03-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I've been watching BYU basketball this year just to see what the Jimmer will do next... I couldn't believe some of his shots that fell doing the New Mexico game last night.

nelsonccc
03-13-2011, 09:25 AM
I've been watching BYU basketball this year just to see what the Jimmer will do next... I couldn't believe some of his shots that fell doing the New Mexico game last night.

I was at the conference. Amazing games. Friday night jimmie went for 52 points. It was like everything he touched was automatic. He was shooting threes through double coverage and making them.

But it was great to see them lose yesterday. The crowd was roudy! Lots of san diego fans had shirts that said "i poked jimmers girlfriend" with a hand and finger extended.

The #7 playing the #8! Great game especially since byu lost.

Kent K25
03-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I preferred day 1 of the Tournament when Utah set a new record. Least points in a half. They couldn't have won a game next door in the girls tournament!

accadacca
03-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I preferred day 1 of the Tournament when Utah set a new record. Least points in a half. They couldn't have won a game next door in the girls tournament!

What's new? The Utes stink and its really OLD news. I sense some bitterness about the cougs choking the chicken against a team that they dominated in two regular season games. That's the real story...the Utes are a bottom feeder. I am sure the humble pie tastes sour for most BYU fans...

Iceaxe
03-13-2011, 02:16 PM

If you had of bet on that you would have lost....

Utah Utes basketball: Ute women capture MWC tourney title

At least Utah won a title...

2nd place is just first loser....

Kent K25
03-13-2011, 07:00 PM
If you had of bet on that you would have lost....

Utah Utes basketball: Ute women capture MWC tourney title

At least Utah won a title...

2nd place is just first loser....

I was talking about the Utah men's team, maybe that was too confusing for you. If I "had of" bet on that we would never know what happened. This year the Ute women may have been able to beat the Ute men with the trashy product Boylen put on the court.

Losing on day one and putting up the worst showing in the entire tournament and worst half EVER in the tournament makes you what...the 7th loser?

Arguing over it all makes us what...internet losers?

CarpeyBiggs
03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
oh, how the mighty have fallen. the fans of the once proud basketball school on the hill have resorted to talking smack about girls sports? wow.

so there's this tourney that starts this weekend. maybe you've heard of it? two teams from utah are in it. but, being in the absence of any team to actually cheer for, you should cheer for the either of them to lose.

something tells me christian is just mad because he believes his tithing money is subsidizing that team he loves to hate.

accadacca
03-13-2011, 08:01 PM
IMO, Utah has been a football school since about 2005. After the 2004 Fiesta bowl run and then the double #1 NBA and #1 NFL pick of Andrew Bogut and Alex Smith.

So from around 2005 forward it has changed over to a football school. Especially after the 2008 undefeated run through the Sugar Bowl. All while the basketball team continued to struggle and go through coaches.

Hopefully they can bring someone in that can restore/revive the proud basketball history and tradition.

Now back on topic. Will BYU be able to break the longest final four drought in NCAA history? :popcorn:

Kent K25
03-13-2011, 08:46 PM
IMO, Utah has been a football school since about 2005. After the 2004 Fiesta bowl run and then the double #1 NBA and #1 NFL pick of Andrew Bogut and Alex Smith.

So from around 2005 forward it has changed over to a football school. Especially after the 2008 undefeated run through the Sugar Bowl. All while the basketball team continued to struggle and go through coaches.

Hopefully they can bring someone in that can restore/revive the proud basketball history and tradition.

Now back on topic. Will BYU be able to break the longest final four drought in NCAA history? :popcorn:

Agreed on the transition from Basketball to Football. I'm guessing the Pac-12 transition can help them land a good coach to rebuild.

BYU in the final four...it was a dream before, but a dream with a chance. Now it's a pipe dream, and that's against the honor code. :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
03-13-2011, 08:49 PM

obviously, they won't make the final four.

however, this is still a very dubious question at best. let me answer what i think you are really asking... they are the program with the MOST tourney appearances WITHOUT making it to the final four. they are not the team with the longest final four drought, because clearly, that record belongs to many many D1 teams who have never made it to the final four. obviously two very different things.

Iceaxe
03-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Now it's a pipe dream, and that's against the honor code. :lol8:

Principle Gibbons: "This is public school, if I can keep the girls off the pole and the boys off the pipe...I get a bonus."

nelsonccc
03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
oh, how the mighty have fallen. the fans of the once proud basketball school on the hill have resorted to talking smack about girls sports? wow.

so there's this tourney that starts this weekend. maybe you've heard of it? two teams from utah are in it. but, being in the absence of any team to actually cheer for, you should cheer for the either of them to lose.

something tells me christian is just mad because he believes his tithing money is subsidizing that team he loves to hate.

Thank heavens i dont pay tithing! It cuts into my moto funds. Having gone to the U for my bachelors and UNLV for my masters those are my ncaa teams!

I saw the girls game and i loved watching them beat byu with a last minute shot. It was a great game.