PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking trails close to Ogden, UT

JDChico
01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I am just looking for some trails to hike and camp this spring near the Ogden area. Any suggestions?

uintahiker
01-27-2011, 10:30 AM
It all depends what you're looking for.
Just hiking?
Overnight camping/backpacking?
Multi-night backpacking?

You won't find much in the multi-night backpacking trip sort of options.
Lots of hiking. Waterfall Canyon and Adams Canyon are 2 of the popular canyons.

Deadeye008
01-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Like uintahiker said. There are quite a few day hikes in the Ogden area but not many areas for actually backpacking. If you haven't done Frary Peak on Antelope Island it is definitely one you should do. Not far from Ogden.

middlefork
01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
While not really an overnite trip. North or south from the North Ogden divide trailhead can be used for an overnite trip. Super veiws from up there at night.

Scott P
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Malans Basin has some nice campsites. You can continue to the summit of Mt. Ogden as well.

Sombeech
01-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I've been trying to get up on either Ben Lomond, Lewis Peak, or Mt Ogden for an overnighter, I just can't seem to get it going. I think it would be cool to combine all 3 into a trip, just call somebody to pick you up for the shuttle when you're done. Maybe start around Mantua, go up Willard Peak and head South.

rwpontius
01-29-2011, 05:25 AM
While I've always done Ben Lomond as a dayhike from NO Divide I see people camping up there. It's a great hike. As someone said it might be a cool hike to come up from the Willard side and along the crest to NO Divide if you could get a shuttle.
RP