PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report A good day at i-street

RedSpecialized
01-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Redfox (shawn) and company showing us there stuff......I mean bike skillz.......:ne_nau::ne_nau::ne_nau::ne_nau::ne_n au::ne_nau::ne_nau:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfL1AiqW3_I

b_rock_101
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Yeeaaah good riding guys. I definitely want to come have a sesh with y'all.

live2ride
01-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Come on spring, get here please!!! Looks like a riot!

chromehead58
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
nice..but at my age..i keep my bike tires on the ground...my nephews call me no air bear buff...can not wait for summer...

Ryan
01-25-2011, 07:55 AM
nice..but at my age..i keep my bike tires on the ground...my nephews call me no air bear buff...can not wait for summer...

HAHA sounds like me.

cachehiker
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
I need a bigger bike.

I don't think my 80mm 22lb. hardtail is quite up to that.

That's not quite right. I'm sure it would be fine until I missed one of those landings.

I currently work around less than 2 foot rule too. :mrgreen:

REDFOX
01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm 41 years old and I keep telling myself that I should know better than to be taking the risks. I feel like I have already experienced enough injuries. I just see the young guys hitting these stunts and I say to myself, I bet that I could do that. After the day is over, I tell myself that I won't ever do that again. Like most videos they don't really show how big the gap is or how much air you are catching.

theking648
01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
If i had something other than my hardtail i would consider doing some of that..... on second thought a hardtail might be fun! it looked smooth enough.

REDFOX
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM
I think that bmx style jumps and drops with a good roll out are easier to do with short travel or no suspension type bikes. A long travel or downhill bike reacts unpredictable on the steep lipped jumps. The best way to describe it, is that the fork and shock both can preload and rebound too much which can buck you in the air at the wrong angles. Your speed can also be absorbed into your suspension and end up short on the landing. I mostly ride my downhill bike and therefore I am more comfortable with the balance of it. I have ridden my cross country bike with clipless pedals on these same stunts, and I found it to be more smooth because you can feel how the bike is reacting on take off and landings. The landings seem to just roll smooth rather than compressing suspension. When you are compressing suspension downward, your body is still moving forward and this can cause you to be bucked over the handle bars. At least now days we have helmets, gloves and pads.

asuguo
01-26-2011, 12:08 AM
that's one great video ! just made me long for summer and snow free trails a little more. not that i'd ever be able to do stunts like that :mrgreen:

blueeyes
01-26-2011, 04:58 AM
Never really had a desire to do that... but I sure do enjoy watching. :popcorn:

RedSpecialized
01-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm 41 years old and I keep telling myself that I should know better than to be taking the risks. I feel like I have already experienced enough injuries. I just see the young guys hitting these stunts and I say to myself, I bet that I could do that. After the day is over, I tell myself that I won't ever do that again. Like most videos they don't really show how big the gap is or how much air you are catching.

I think REDFOX just like's showing up the young punks. :lol8: I don't think people realize he's 41. Heck, I didn't even know. I think as long as REDFOX can pedal he'll be hitting the jumps. Says he won't do it again but then when the next time comes he just can't resist. Never seen him pass a good chance to kill himself.:ride:

KanyonKris
01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
I enjoyed watching the video. Some good, smooth riding there. Makes me want to try it. I'm glad you kept in some crashes and sketch-outs because it reminds me that that's what I'd be doing.