PDA

View Full Version : Advice: Restaurants in St. George/Page/Kanab?

jdgibney
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
We'll have one night in each of these places next week and I'm looking for advice on a good place to fill up on some good/healthy(ish) food.

Sunday night we'll be staying in St. George. Monday night we'll be in Page (after checking out Rimrock Hoodoos, Lower Antelope and Horseshoe Bend). Monday night we'll need the most fuel as Tuesday we'll be out in Coyote Buttes North for as much of the day as possible. Tuesday night we're staying in Kanab before heading back to Vegas Wednesday to fly home Thursday.

Any suggestions for restaurants (preferably not chains) and recommended dishes would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

tanya
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Rocking V in Kanab was good a couple of years ago so I assume it is now. There is a good Mexican one in town, but not so healthy. I think it's called Escobars? I have not ate there for a few years.

St. George.... Ancestor Square has a good variety of choices--- pasta, oriental, etc...
Cafe Rio is a quick stop and extremely popular in town. It has a lot of healthy choices.

I remember a Denny's in Page, but that's all.

jdgibney
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Rocking V in Kanab was good a couple of years ago so I assume it is now. There is a good Mexican one in town, but not so healthy. I think it's called Escobars? I have not ate there for a few years.

St. George.... Ancestor Square has a good variety of choices--- pasta, oriental, etc...
Cafe Rio is a quick stop and extremely popular in town. It has a lot of healthy choices.

I remember a Denny's in Page, but that's all.

Thanks Tanya!
Denny's is the only place we ate at in Page on our way out of town in September, and it was our only restaurant stop in 10 days before we got back to Vegas other than a brewery in Moab...
Rocking V is right next to the hotel we're staying at (Best Western) so that'll work great :)

blueeyes
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Urban Spoon has some info http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/312/37304/Utah/St-George-restaurants

My fav so far are Ah'sya, Mongolian BBQ, Basila's, and Las Palmeras (this one is Salvadorean nummy). For breakfast I love Bear Paw and Egg and I