PDA

View Full Version : News 'Ghostbusters 3' Waiting On Bill Murray

accadacca
01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Reitman says Murray hasn't read the script yet.

The proton packs are loaded, the fire bell's ringing and the ghouls and goblins are ready to be put to bed. All we need now is Peter Venkman. A script for Ghostbusters 3 is reportedly ready to go, but director Ivan Reitman says the only thing holding up the film is its main star, Bill Murray.

Reitman says the new project is a no-go until star Bill Murray reads the script and signs up. According to Deadline, sources say Sony Pictures refuses to begin any preproduction work on the film until the actor approves of the script.

"We have a really good script, but Bill Murray has to read it," Reitman said. "He hasn't read it. There has been all kinds of chatter online about him reading it and not liking it. He has not read a thing. He's never read anything. And I just sent it to him. So we'll see. God knows how long that will take. But we'll see."

Other reports say all four Ghostbusters - Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson - have agreed to reprise their roles in the hugely-popular comedy scifi series.

Many accounts also claim a search is on for younger Ghostbusters to pass the torch to. So far stars like Anna Faris and SNL comedians Bill Hader and Will Forte ahve been rumored for roles.

Excited about all the possibilities? Director Ivan Reitman says to cool your jets. Most of what we've heard is probably false.

"There is almost nothing that is accurate online about that film," Reitman told ComingSoon.net. "There is nothing ... I mean, all these stories ... there has been a ton of stuff about casting, about who's in... None of it is true."

The last Ghostbusters film was in 1989, over 20 years ago, but chatter about another sequel has been steadily gaining speed ever since.

As for Murray, he has said before the only way he would do it is if his character is killed off in the first scene. In that case, maybe he's better off hanging up the proton pack.

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Ghostbusters-3-Waiting-On-Bill-Murray/107769.html

Deathcricket
01-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Thank you Bill Murray for refusing to rape another one of my childhood memories. That reminds me, I forgot to see A-team.... BRB.. :haha:

MY T PIMP
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Thank you Bill Murray for refusing to rape another one of my childhood memories. That reminds me, I forgot to see A-team.... BRB.. :haha:
I would tend to agree with you given the chances of pulling off a sequel of this type are not good based upon other attempts. Examples include (Blues Brothers, Crocodile Dundee, etc.) However, I thought the A-Team was great, as well as the recent True Grit, which happens to have become one of my favorite movies of ALL TIME! If they can pull off a movie of those type of calibers go for it!:nod:

Sombeech
01-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Maybe it's the sequels with original actors that are the problem. Most of the "remakes" with completely new cast members seem to do very well. Star Trek was one that was pretty good, but the sequels to the originals really sucked. ...not that I watched them.

wes242
01-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Well if they do it with a new Cast I just happen to be suited up!

jdgibney
01-14-2011, 09:36 AM
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

accadacca
01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Dukes of Hazard. :popcorn:

Sombeech
01-15-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiH1wNmZTII