PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Wanted: Boys mountain bike 24" wheels

Ryan
12-30-2010, 11:47 AM
I have twin boys that are almost 7. I need some bikes with chainrings up front so they can climb some trails with me.

bbennett
01-02-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure what your price range is but I've got a little experience buying bikes for my three boys. The first one that I got was a little Jamis for my oldest boy a few years ago. I think I spent close to $300 for it. I know that sounds like a bunch of money for a little kid but my youngest is now riding it and it's still in good shape. I'm sure you know how tough on stuff little boys can be. Having witnessed my kids destroy so many things (including my one week old new sectional), I was so impressed with how that little Jamis has held up that I bought another Jamis a couple of years later for my oldest that had out grown it. Had I initially bought a Walmart bike, it would have long ago made it's trip to the dump and who knows how many more disposable bikes I would have bought by now. I certainly would have spent way more than $300.

Check out your LBS and see what kind of options they might have for you. As always, KSL is a great resource but I don't know how many 24"ers you'll see on there.

Ryan
01-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes, I am going to get them real bikes. They have just outgrown some 20" Specialized bikes. I have looked at Scott and Trek. I will now look at Jamis. My buddy used to have a Jamis it was pretty good. Thanks for the info.

DOSS
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Just been looking and there are a few nice 24's on KSL right now you might want to take a look at :)

Ryan
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks, I just made a deal on ksl for one. I just need one more now.

Ryan
01-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Done deal. I found two. Thanks for your help.