PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

JeeperJack
12-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Hello All,
My name is Jeeper Jack I live in California but my heart and family are in Colorado. I like to go camping and off-roading. I volunteer for the national park service when I am not working. I am starting to get into photography and I am looking forward to documenting my adventures.

tanya
12-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Hello Jack.

Welcome to Bogley! There are so many good photographers in here. I hang out in the Zion area. I lived in Colorado Springs for many years training at the OTC. What part of Colorado are you from? What type of work do you volunteer for in the parks?

Deathcricket
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Welcome!:2thumbs:

JeeperJack
12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi Tanya,
Thanks for welcoming me. I hope to be a good photographer some day..Right now I am doing good to get a photo :lol8: at all. I lived in the Littleton area of Denver and still have family there I visit regularly. I volunteer for a the Palomar Ranger District as a trail steward. We maintain existing trails as well as build new ones. I also volunteer with the Grand Canyon NP. We work on Vegetation restoration projects in and around the canyon. I be working at the Toroweap Overlook in Utah in March.

JeeperJack
12-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks Deathcricket.

accadacca
12-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome JeeperJack. You must drive a Jeep huh? :popcorn:

JeeperJack
12-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Welcome JeeperJack. You must drive a Jeep huh? :popcorn:
LOL As a matter a fact I do have a Jeep. Cherokee to be exact. :2thumbs:

tanya
12-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Toroweap is one of my most favorite places, but its desolate out there! Do you volunteer at the North Rim or South Rim?

JeeperJack
12-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Toroweap is one of my most favorite places, but its desolate out there! Do you volunteer at the North Rim or South Rim?
I am volunteering at Toroweap for a week in March then a few South rim 3 day trips in the summer. I am trying to also tie in a Utah, Colorado trip this spring, which means I may limit my GC trips.

tanya
12-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I will have to hit you up for some new information for my Toroweap Point/Tuweep section on my website after your stay there. I spend most of my time in Zion, and feel the North Rim/Tuweap part is missing a lot.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/toroweap.htm

JeeperJack
12-31-2010, 07:56 AM
I will have to hit you up for some new information for my Toroweap Point/Tuweep section on my website after your stay there. I spend most of my time in Zion, and feel the North Rim/Tuweap part is missing a lot.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/toroweap.htm
I am taking gps coordinates and lots of photos..We will also have park rangers with us explaining the geology and history. :clap:

JeeperJack
12-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome!:2thumbs:

Thanks Nancy :popcorn:

tanya
12-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Perfect! :clap:

dioscuriII
01-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Welcome.