PDA

View Full Version : GoPro helmet cam tips and tricks

live2ride
12-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Along with a few others on the site I just received and new Gopro helmet cam and was wanting to pick the brain of the pro video editors on the site for a few tips and tricks. I have visited the websites out there and and received some good advice but was wondering if anyone wanted to post a short walkthrough on uploading/editing/software?

What Software works best? What programs do I need to stay away from?

What modes have you found that gives the best results?

Any advice and editing videos?

Thanks!

Sombeech
12-30-2010, 12:37 AM
If you've got Windows 7, just use Windows Live Movie Maker, it will take the .MP4 file like a charm and also produce in full HD video.

My favorite modes go between r3 (720p 60 fps) and r4 (960p 30 fps). I think at this point I'm leaning towards the 720p just because of the 60 frames per second for super smooth playback. But the 960p gives the taller footage, so it just depends what is being filmed.

I just stuck a mount on my snowboard just behind my front boot, I think I'll shoot in 720p and see how it goes.

BruteForce
12-30-2010, 04:21 AM
I agree with Beech. I have all the fancy video editing packages, but Windows Movie Maker (XP or Win7) works just fine. It allows you to insert text, voice-over, music, etc..

wes242
12-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I have used Windows Movie Maker too, but then I wanted to get a little more in to fun editing like doing some reverse videos and speeding up and slowing down the video. I downloaded Corel Video Studio Pro X3 and it has been awesome. They give you a 30 day trial so you can see if you like it.

BruteForce
12-30-2010, 08:25 AM
If you really want to get advanced editing, Pinnacle Studio for windows is a great application. Not nearly as easy to use as Movie Maker, though.

greyhair biker
12-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I just use windows movie maker too. I find that the camera placement makes the difference on how the video 'feels' when viewed, 'course I've mostly placed it in different positions on my bike, my helmet of course, and the dashboard of my jeep. Oh, and I've gone swimming with it(that's a trip!).:cool2: