PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted a nice qiuet weekend for a change

ilanimaka
12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
After workin lots of hours and takin care of little kids on my weekends for the last month, I was really lookin forward to a little "quiet time."

Instead, I get this...

My youngest & oldest daughters got into a fight. In a fit, my youngest threw a pair of scissors at her sister, which stuck firmly in her forehead.

Many hours & consults later, the scissors are removed, a couple of stitches put in along with a tetnis shot & $80 in anti-biotics, & the little girl is home again.

What a weekend... If I put my folks through anything like that, I am truly sorry.

denaliguide
12-19-2010, 08:41 PM
are you kidding me? holy shit. your daughter has great aim! all kidding aside i hope she gets well quickly.

DiscGo
12-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I kept reading the post, hoping there would be a punchline, and I'm so sorry that that was your weekend.

bowjunkie
12-19-2010, 09:12 PM
:eek2::eek2: wow thank God the hit wasn't lower !!! hope she gets well soon !!

ilanimaka
12-19-2010, 11:42 PM
are you kidding me? holy shit. your daughter has great aim! all kidding aside i hope she gets well quickly.

As a result of this, I've opted to star calling my younger daughter "Little Ninja" & my older daughter "Summer Scissorhead." Summer's doing well. They were both back to playing with each other like nothing happened, so I guess no harm no foul? She'll never live this down though. :haha:

dbaxter
12-20-2010, 07:05 AM
So Happy she's ok!:clap:

accadacca
12-20-2010, 07:59 AM
That is wild! :eek2: How far did they go in? :popcorn:

Glad she is okay...good hell!

iceman
12-20-2010, 08:17 AM
That is crazy. If she can half smile with a pair of scissors sticking out of her forehead, she is a tough girl. Glad she is OK.

Deathcricket
12-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I kept reading the post, hoping there would be a punchline, and I'm so sorry that that was your weekend.

My thoughts exactly dude. I kept hoping this was some freak pic and joke was coming.

CarpeyBiggs
12-20-2010, 09:06 AM
WTF! that is crazy! glad everything seems ok. i had no idea scissors could penetrate a skull. WOW.

Ryebrye
12-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Wow. Glad she is going to be ok.

Good thing it didn't hit her in a number of other places (eye, artery, etc).

StudChild
12-20-2010, 11:29 AM
hope she gets well soon.

uintahiker
12-20-2010, 01:36 PM
DANG! I'm glad your youngest daughter is guilty of that instead of you. Looking at the picture and the thread title, my imagination started going...

Reminds me of the time my brother jumped out of a closet and blindsided me with a ball. 2 stitches in the back of the throat from a sucker stick was not a good day.

Glockguy
12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Jeez. How old are they?

ilanimaka
12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
The older is 9 & the younger is 6.

And there's no way in hell that I would ever be responsible for something like that. :roll:

denaliguide
12-20-2010, 06:17 PM
you know i just got to thinking. (bad idea, i know. could get hurt) your daughter needs to talk to a lawyer. i think pain, suffering, compensatory damages, long term effects, life long fear of scissors, etc......... i mean its not like a hot cup of coffee was spilled in her lap. one other thing. get them some of those safety scissors, the ones with the rounded ends. and maybe cable them to a spare tire.

hope she is on the mend. that just looked scary. can't imagine carrying her into the ER with those poking out of her skull. i would have freaked. they probably would have needed a gurney for me as well.

ratagonia
12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
The older is 9 & the younger is 6.

And there's no way in hell that I would ever be responsible for something like that. :roll:

Uh, well, actually... these are your kids? Then you ARE responsible for them, are you not?

Tom

Scott Card
12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Yikes :eek2: I hope she fully recovers. That is one crazy photo.

ilanimaka
12-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Uh, well, actually... these are your kids? Then you ARE responsible for them, are you not?

Tom

I suppose it's my own fault for not hitting "Reply With Quote" to uintahiker's comment.

DANG! I'm glad your youngest daughter is guilty of that instead of you. Looking at the picture and the thread title, my imagination started going...

Hence the reason for me saying I could never be responsible for something like this. :roll:

accadacca
12-21-2010, 07:48 PM
This picture still gives me the chills. :scared:

ratagonia
12-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I suppose it's my own fault for not hitting "Reply With Quote" to uintahiker's comment.

Hence the reason for me saying I could never be responsible for something like this. :roll:

Yes, well. Yes, it is good that the adult is not DIRECTLY responsible for this. Bad enough to be indirectly responsible. Scarrrrry stuff. Tom

Don
12-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Holy Shit! I'm so glad I only have one. Hope she recovers quickly and that neither are traumatised.

ilanimaka
12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
They're both fine. She goes in tomorrow to have the stitches removed & told me tonight that it's only a little sore.

Ratagonia, you're an asshat & a troll. Go play in traffic while the grownups talk, mmm-kay? :roll:

Iceaxe
12-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Ratagonia, you're an asshat & a troll. Go play in traffic while the grownups talk, mmm-kay? :roll:

Ouch!!! I think someone just stuck a pair of scissors in Ratagonia's forehead. :lol8:

DOSS
12-22-2010, 06:06 AM
For some reason this whole thread makes me afeared of what my two little girls are going to do to each other... I know what my brother and I did to each other and my wife keeps telling me that girls are worse than boys... EEK..

Glad your is doing good though :)

ratagonia
12-23-2010, 06:58 PM
They're both fine. She goes in tomorrow to have the stitches removed & told me tonight that it's only a little sore.

It's good to see that their daddy has his anger under control and is a nice, mature adult --- NOT!

... bounces off me, sticks to you!!!

Tom :moses:

ilanimaka
12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh if you thought THAT was angry, I feel sorry for your sensitive feelings. I was just telling you what I thought of you. You're one of these limp-noodle asshats that attacks people to draw attention to them while attempting to hide the truth that is their sad, pathetic lives. There's a few of you on here & you're generally just consuming the planet's resources. Truth be told, in a life/death situation, I'd save the cat over the lot of ya.

And I always knew you were a rubber...

mxerhale
12-24-2010, 08:10 AM
That picture is awesome!! My nearly 6 year old boy was sitting here with me when I pulled it up on the computer and his jaw almost hit the floor and he said "that's cool". I once shot my younger brother with a BB gun... but I aimed for his back so it wouldn't leave any incriminating marks on his face.

Iceaxe
12-24-2010, 09:14 AM
I once shot my younger brother with a BB gun...

I shot my brother with an arrow... hit him square in the forehead.... best shot of my life as he was 200-yards away standing there flipping me the bird and saying something about "kiss my ass....", the arrow had a beautiful rainbow trajectory. Fortunately the arrow had a blunt tip (.357 case) on it. He was about 5 and I was about 7, but it was a hell of a shot out of a 45# recurve bow.... mom saw the entire episode out of the kitchen window and wasn't very impressed with my shooting abilities... she beat me like a red headed step child over that deal... the arrow didn't penetrate his skull but it did knock him cold and leave a big ass bruise dead center in his forehead.... some of the dumb things I did in my youth give me the shivers when I think back on them now....

Sombeech
12-24-2010, 12:44 PM
mom saw the entire episode out of the kitchen window

Sounds like she knew her place.

denaliguide
12-24-2010, 12:53 PM

SNAP!!! now where's the holiday spirit?:eek2:

bbennett
12-24-2010, 12:57 PM

:roflol:

mxerhale
12-27-2010, 06:36 PM
I shot my brother with an arrow... hit him square in the forehead.... best shot of my life as he was 200-yards away standing there flipping me the bird and saying something about "kiss my ass....", the arrow had a beautiful rainbow trajectory. Fortunately the arrow had a blunt tip (.357 case) on it. He was about 5 and I was about 7, but it was a hell of a shot out of a 45# recurve bow.... mom saw the entire episode out of the kitchen window and wasn't very impressed with my shooting abilities... she beat me like a red headed step child over that deal... the arrow didn't penetrate his skull but it did knock him cold and leave a big ass bruise dead center in his forehead.... some of the dumb things I did in my youth give me the shivers when I think back on them now....

That is some funny stuff. Aahhh to be young and foolish again....

blueeyes
12-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Oh hell! So glad your girl is ok.

My two have been accused of fighting too much, at least they have never sent the other to the ER room. Guess there are advantage to a single child. Lol

Often times when people ask how my two are I say "they are the best of friends and the worst of enemies" I think you can say the same. Too cute that they were playing together again as if nothing happened.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

ilanimaka
12-28-2010, 10:10 AM
I know what you mean, blueeyes. My brothers & I were the same way growin up. Funny thing with these two, when I had them next (on Christmas Eve), Summer said to me, "I remember when Sarahn threw scissors into my head." :haha: I had to remind her that it happened only 6 days ago. :roll: