PDA

View Full Version : HOT off the press - Wilkins Peak Trail system - Green River, WY.

greyhair biker
12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Well here we go - this is a map of the newly named trail system of the Green River, WY. area. The BLM is beginning their environmental assessment and once that is complete we will be putting up signeage, kiosks, and printing official maps. :cool2::ride::nod:

live2ride
12-08-2010, 07:48 AM
sweet man, that is really cool

StudChild
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
:2thumbs: When is the season up that way.

greyhair biker
12-08-2010, 01:52 PM
the 'season' starts as soon as the ground thaws & dries enough to ride - if we don't get much snow this winter then most trails will be dry by march/april even with the cold. I'll try to keep things updated here so you can see when. :ride::cool2:

edit- actually, if it dries for a week it's ridable...if you can stand the cold.

jfeiro
12-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Awesome, was planning on making a trip up there this past summer, didn't happen but looks like it definitely will next year. being that it's BLM i'm assuming there is camping around there, how far away from the residential area is it?

greyhair biker
12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
I ride from my house most of the time since it's only about 5 to 10 minutes to most trailheads. If I'm feeling exeptionally lazy I'll drive up to the TH. As for camping, even though it's BLM there is no 'designated' camping although there is Tex's Travelcamp just before you get into Green River along the river and there are a number of hotels in town. I suppose a body could head through town and camp down by the river - driving out past the trailheads but you didnt hear that come from me...:mrgreen:
-----This trail system only covers 'most' of the trails in the area. We have miles more that are unofficial that will still take some time to make legal but this is a great start.

greyhair biker
03-03-2011, 07:25 PM
...after todays' snow & melt it's a soupy muddy mess. Probably have the rest of the month to dry:roll: