PDA

View Full Version : East Coat Newb Here!

jdgibney
12-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Greetings from New Hampshire!
I stumbled on this forum searching for photos and ideas for upcoming Southwest Adventures and figured I'd introduced myself...

I'm a newbie to this forum, as well as the outdoors/hiking/camping and I look forward to learning and exploring. I've fallen in love with the Southwestern US originally through photos and then a whirlwind 11 day vacation I took this past Sept/Oct from vegas through Page->Monument Valley->Moab->Bryce->Vegas. Just got my feet wet, so to say, as there is a lot more I want to see and see more of!

I tried to post a link to my blog from the trip but it wouldn't let me but its gwsouthwest (dot) blogspot (dot) com :)

In late January, my best friend and I are flying back that way for a VERY short (Sunday night->Thursday morning) trip as we got permits to hike to the Wave in Arizona. Looking forward to squeezing as much as we can into the three days we have (we're doing the wave Tuesday) while not over doing it!

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy, and I look forward to learning and sharing here in the near future!

Happy Holidays
-Josh

mtthwlw
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Welcome. I enjoyed seeing the pictures on your blog.

Bogley is a good resource. I've learned a lot here and met up with some talented people because of this site. I hope your trip to The Wave is accompanied by good weather. :cold:

jdgibney
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Welcome. I enjoyed seeing the pictures on your blog.

Bogley is a good resource. I've learned a lot here and met up with some talented people because of this site. I hope your trip to The Wave is accompanied by good weather. :cold:

Me too, man! Its a chance we're taking, but the reward will be worth the risk, I reckon! We're planning on checking out Wahweap Hoodoos (also weather/road dependent), Lower Antelope Canyon, Coral Pink Sand Dunes and Valley of Fire on our quick trip (I went to VofF last time I was out there, but there is a lot more I want to see)

accadacca
12-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the hood. This is da place! :haha: :2thumbs:

jdgibney
12-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the hood. This is da place! :haha: :2thumbs:

Thank you! I dig it so far, and can't wait to contribute/learn more in the near future!

Sombeech
12-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I tried to post a link to my blog from the trip but it wouldn't let me but its gwsouthwest (dot) blogspot (dot) com :)

Welcome to bogley. We've got a 5 post minimum before you can post links. You're at 7 now so you should be good. :cool2:

jdgibney
12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome to bogley. We've got a 5 post minimum before you can post links. You're at 7 now so you should be good. :cool2:

Ah, much thanks!
http://gwsouthwest.blogspot.com/
thats a link to my rudimentary trip report from the beginning of the fall!