PDA

View Full Version : Hi fom Germany

Richie
12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi,

first excuse me if my English is not the best, but it's not my native language. I live in Germany (Bavaria) together with my girlfriend. We both like travelling the US and after a few visits (I've been to the US eleven times so far) Northern Arizona and Southern Utah became our favourite spot. We both enjoy hiking and I love taking pictures too.

Right now we're planning our next trip, so I think I will bother you with some questions.

Richie

Jaxx
12-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Your english is amazing! If you didn't tell me I would have never known it was a second language. The more pics you post the better the advice is!

Richie
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
H Jaxx,

thank you so much.

The questions is: Are my pictures good enough for getting a good advice? :mrgreen:

By the way: Is there any special section for just posting pictures?

trackrunner
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM
your emglish beter than mine amerikan public schooooooooooooling :crazy:

By the way: Is there any special section for just posting pictures?

yes the dark room.
http://www.bogley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?41-The-Dark-Room

the name makes sence to us americans. probably last in translation but the definition of a darkroom is a room that can be made completely dark to allow the processing of light sensitive photographic materials, including photographic film and paper. (source stolen from wikipedia, see I was educated in US public school system)

DiscGo
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Your english is amazing! If you didn't tell me I would have never known it was a second language. The more pics you post the better the advice is!

X2

Great english, and people on this site love trip reports. The more trip reports, the more help you'll get.

When is your next trip?

Don
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the site. Enjoy and please post about your trips and share photos!

Sent from my Google Android SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

accadacca
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome to Bogley. :2thumbs:

Richie
12-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Next trip will be June 2011. But I already started to collect information, because when you live that far away the planning is much more difficult.

Rich

Richie
12-07-2010, 09:04 AM
share photos!

Just posted some in the darkroom.

dioscuriII
12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Willkommen!

Richie
12-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey someone how's speaking German :nod:

dioscuriII
12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Hey someone how's speaking German :nod:

I speak very little. I lived in German for 5 years a teenager. In the 80's. I was at Hahn Air Force Base near Frankfurt. It no longer is there. It is a regional airport or something. It was near Trier and Traben-Trabach. Close to the Rhine River.

Kevin

Richie
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I must admit that I've never been in that area :mrgreen:
This might be the reason why the guys at work are making fun of me, like: You find your way in the US better than at home :lol8:

lofty
01-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Gruess Dich !

I bin a verpflantzter Bayer...hmm.....maybe better type in english......my bavarian grammar is a bit rusty :) ? If you see someone with a Bayern Muenchen Bandana this spring in Utah ... that would be me....