PDA

View Full Version : conditions Backsides of Ogden trails

gholt
11-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Has anyone ridden on the backside trails in ogden. Just curious with all the rain to see if they are in rideable condition:

Wheeler, Pineview trail to Mt. Lewis, Ben Lomond via Northfork, Snowbasin etc.

live2ride
11-03-2010, 10:32 AM
art nord, is pretty clear and wide open, relatively dry but every morning is a little mussy with the overnight dew. I would expect about everything to be the same, ride early enough and it is still frozen. Really would be nice to get to lewis this weekend, imaging the upper levels have snow, since the west facing sides do.

Riseforms
11-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I can tell you there's enough snow up near the sign on the way to Ben Lomond that I wouldn't consider taking a mountain bike up there. A fair amount lower, or there was last Saturday anyway.

Sombeech
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
We're thinking of riding Snowbasin - Coldwater Canyon - Sardine Peak tonight, but if we think it will be soggy we'll stick with the shoreline.

live2ride
11-04-2010, 08:57 AM
hit art nord, it should be pretty dry today, let me know if you go I am planning on riding tonight and will bring a light!

gholt
11-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't know if I can get up to the trail soon enough to do the Art Nord. That is a fun trail. I don't think I will get off till about 6 and I have a meeting I have to be at 8. So, maybe Friday. So, I guess I have to settle again for the bench. It is a fun workout, but one needs a bit of variety.

live2ride
11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
am going tonight, tommorow and saturday, trying to get in as much as possible these last couple of days.

gholt
11-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Go figure, while I was riding in the dark. I had the Magic shine mounted to my helmet without the adj strap and I crashed on the shoreline about in the waterfall canyon area and bruised my left rib. At first I just thought that I had a side ache, but it still hurts and doesn't feel good. I did not crash too hard. Just normal, but is it advisable to ride with this, or just go and see how it goes?

mxerhale
11-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Well having broken some ribs a time or three (your worse case scenario) i can tell you that doctors can't do anything for them and it's pretty much how much pain you can tolerate. Depending on how old you are they take a good 3-4 weeks to start feeling completely normal again. Sometimes it's just the cartilage between the ribs that breaks apart (not much more pleasant than a break) and that seems to heal in about half of the time.

gholt
11-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Well I rode down in Richfield and rode the hogsback, and wouldn't you know it. If there is a possibility of crashing on a already tender spot. I landed on the same spot. So, my left side of the ribs really hurts this morning. But, with the donwpour, I can't really ride today anyway. so, hopefully, it will be good enough for the trip to St. George and Gooseberry.