PDA

View Full Version : ATVing in Moab

jman
09-30-2010, 02:22 PM
My brother and I, and a few others want to do some ATVing in/around Moab.

Any recommended places to go? Oh, and this would be for two days.

Oh, and I heard Poison Spider is over-hyped for ATVs and Razors...true?

remoteman45
10-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Not true at all. It's totally awesome. I've done that route (Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, and Poison Spider) several times and it's definitely a classic. There are plenty of challenging spots to keep your interest and if done as a loop up Long Hollow, and out to the Dead Horse Point Road and then down Gemini Bridges road, you've made a nice all day loop.

moab mark
10-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Not true at all. It's totally awesome. I've done that route (Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, and Poison Spider) several times and it's definitely a classic. There are plenty of challenging spots to keep your interest and if done as a loop up Long Hollow, and out to the Dead Horse Point Road and then down Gemini Bridges road, you've made a nice all day loop.

I think you mean up Long Canyon not Long Hollow? The Gemini Bridges area is very popular as well as farther North of town in the Sevenmile Rim Wipeout Hill area. Either park at Millcreek or across the street from the Shell station. Also out South in the Behind the Rocks country is good. Moab has been inundated with ATV's, you can get from wild to mild within 10 miles of town. Charles Wells has an excellent book that has just about every trail in the area. I think it is called ATVing moab?