PDA

View Full Version : Chere Thanks!

Bo_Beck
09-28-2010, 07:25 AM
You are a sweetheart! Your taste is impeccable! Roosters Rocks. That Ale and Stout you brought me are great. Thanks :nod: Anyone looking for great Brew needs to try Chere's and now my favorite micro brews at Roosters! And BTW....Congrats on a super finish at the Bike Race!

blueeyes
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Bo you are so very welcome!!!

The XTERRA race was AWESOME!!!! Definitely hooked on this triathlon thing. Come January I will be breaking down and buying a road bike (oh noes a skinny tired bike :eek2:).

I will admit going into this race I was not thrilled as I was when I decided to do it last year after watching Joja race it. I really struggled in the swim (750M) it took me 13 min longer to finish the swim then what I had been doing out at Sand Hollow. The water was cold and no matter how I tried my breathing rhythm sucked more water than air. :lol8: But hey the start of July I couldn't even swim. I was one of the last 10 to come out of the water. Getting on the bike I was cold and not looking forward to riding the 12 miles of gruelling uphill.

You start at the boat dock and ride over to Wheelers up to Art Nord to Green Pond down towards the old road and back up to Maples an on over to Snowbasin. Previously anytime I have ridden this exact route it had taken me 2.5+ hours. I had told several of my Ogden friends who wanted to come cheer me on that I would cross the finish line some time between 1-2PM probably closer to 2PM. I guess all of my training paid off because me and the bike sprouted wings :ride: I passed one biker after the other many of them walking the uphill rock gardens right before Green Pond TH. I screamed down the downhill section, blew through 4 bikers that fell off their bikes trying to go up a rock section on their way to Maples. My foot never came off the pedal! I passed over 40 bikers until we started uphill again and then I just maintained. I made it down the stairs, over the bridge and up that little hill after the bridge flawlessly! This was my best bike ride EVER!!!! I finished the bike portion in 1:54:12. HOLLY SHIT under 2 hours I told ya I flew. Seriously best ride ever. Granted I still moved like a snail compared to my friend Kyle who came out of the water behind me and rode the bike in 1:32:07.

I was pretty beat by the ride and when I saw my family there to cheer me on from the bike to the run... well being the girl that I am I started to get choked up. I dam near lost it. Stupid emotional females. :haha: Anyway I bit my lip and started to run......... ok never mind I walked. You start on the left side of the begineer hill and go all the way up to where the upper Green Pond trail comes out on the ski run. BLAH!!! my right thigh wanted to cramp but I powered through that as soon as I hit the trail I was off and running. For the short course (5K) you run over to the fire road that goes, you guessed it, UPHILL. Ok seriously at this point I am pretty tired of uphill. If I would have tried to run this I would have gone slower than molasses in winter time. Walked again and finally finally it was all down hill to the finish. It took me 3:04:49. Had I not stopped at each water station (3) I think I would have been under two hours, oh that cold water was worth it. :mrgreen:

I crossed the finish line 1 hour ahead of my self predicted finish time. Not bad for a girl who couldn't swim or run starting the beginning of July. My friends from Ogden missed me crossing but all of my family was there and it was a BRILLIANT finish. I have never felt better! I thought for sure the next day or even the next day I would be too sore to move. My muscles, well I can tell they have been well used but I have not been sore or stiff. I spent the night haning with good friends, went to see "Easy A". Seriously hillarious movie, highly recommend this one. I laughed so hard thought I was going to fall out of the chair. I think I finally came off the post adrenaline high about 2:30AM. :cool2: This girl is hooked! I will be doing more triathlons. I have plans to work up to an Ironman if I can, the run will be my only problem but if I take it one training session at a time I think I wll get there. :nod:

I finished #230 of 270 participants. Congrats to Janet #213 (Joja) and her husband Jeff #140 they competed as well and she rocked!!! I have decided my friend Kyle needs to be come a serious contender. He is afraid of the water and this was his first open water swim. He was one of the last to exit but in the end finished #132 out of 270.

:ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::r ide::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::rid e::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::ride: :ride:

Felicia
09-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Congrats Chere!!!!

You make this triathlon thing sound fun. LOL

Bo_Beck
09-28-2010, 08:04 PM
OK Gal! I'm gonna start trainin' now! This sounds SUPER FUN! When I saw you the day before yesterday you looked totally amazing and fit?! Whats your secret? Training? Yep....it sure has worked for you! I'm going to start training in 12 days. I think I'll start out by swimming...........probably every rapid in Cataract Canyon? Thanks so much again for thinking of me, and sorry for spilled contents and necessary return to refill! You're one cool girl! Thanks for sharing such an awesome experience and dream!

abirken
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
SO proud of you to do this!!!!!!! Maybe one day I will train as well and do it with you. :nod: Great to talk to you last night and get to hear all about it. :clap:

greyhair biker
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
MOST COOL superwoman! That was awesome! Definitely proud of you:hail2thechief::cool2:

blueeyes
09-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Thanks guys! It was super fun. The best part is the kids want to race now. So we have started training for a 5K on Oct 30th. My kids are my best adventure buddies ever!!!

ststephen
09-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Congratulations on a strong race! That's a tremendous commitment of training to prepare for 3 events. You deserve to feel very proud!

Win
09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
That's awesome, Chere, congratulations!!:2thumbs:

Win

cachehiker
09-29-2010, 12:16 PM
:2thumbs: Cool! Very Cool! :2thumbs:

dbaxter
10-02-2010, 06:51 AM
You're my hero! Thanks for sharing...makes me want to get out on my skinny tires :nod:

Randi
10-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Way to go Chere! :2thumbs: What an inspiration to your kids! I'm inspired after reading about your Triathalon!
Not to do a triathalon myself, but to at least stop talking about getting more fit and start doing something to make it a reality! I'm impressed & super proud of you! You're awesome!
Hope to see you soon! I'll give you a call about this upcoming w/e!

blueeyes
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Thx again everyone! It was one hellauva accomplishment with lots of fringe benefits. :mrgreen: I have my eyes set on my next race, if I can pull this one off you can all call me super women. :lol8: Stay tuned it isn't until May and I have a long way to go training wise for this one.

Dana can't wait to join you on skinny tires. I am serious about running with you early AM if you still want to.

Randi see ya on Sunday!

tanya
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
:clap:

dbaxter
10-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Chere'
Went "running" (more like "dying") this morning. I won't even let Thane run with me yet...it's soooo embarassing:cry1: I'll keep at it though :nod: And maybe one day I'll be able to do more than gasp for air and wish for death-lol