PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Sykes Sickle and Petit Grepon- Aug 2010

RAM
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
A couple of albums from Aaron. Sykes Sickle on Spearhead, 5.9+ (7s). The other is the Petit Grepon, 5.8+, of 50 classic climb fame. The later I had done 7 years earlier and it is a classic. Both route in the 7-8 pitch range up to over 12,000 feet.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/SykesSickleAugust2010#
http://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/PetitGreponAugust2010#

Don
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I love looking through your photos; you do some amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing.

RAM
09-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I love looking through your photos; you do some amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Don, I'm glad your enjoying the pictures. I have been posting a butt load of Canyon albums on the Canyons Yahoo group too. Don't miss those if you are enjoying these. I guess I am missing you by one day. I leave Escalante area on Sunday night and I think your coming in Monday. We are sharing Kevin from Canuckistan. I will try to return him without too much damage :naughty:

I am bringing up a lot of old mountain climbing albums from days of yore. I will probably post them when i get back from the next trip. ;-)
Ram

Cirrus2000
09-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'm guilty of not expressing my appreciation for these enough. Great stuff, Ram. These ones and the canyon ones, too. I have to say, I especially enjoyed the album of a climb up Diedre, in Squamish. Hard to believe how little Aaron was for that. Lots of pitches at that age...

Ram, when you're driving out Egypt on Sunday night, these guys might be camped at that site along the road. If you see a red Jeep there, and have 2 minutes to spare, you should say hello! (They may be camped elsewhere, further up the HITR, on the other side, though.)

Don
09-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey Don, I'm glad your enjoying the pictures. I have been posting a butt load of Canyon albums on the Canyons Yahoo group too. Don't miss those if you are enjoying these. I guess I am missing you by one day. I leave Escalante area on Sunday night and I think your coming in Monday. We are sharing Kevin from Canuckistan. I will try to return him without too much damage :naughty:

I am bringing up a lot of old mountain climbing albums from days of yore. I will probably post them when i get back from the next trip. ;-)
Ram

Might actually have a chance to say hello then. We're planning on driving down Sunday afternoon. In fact there has been some talk about Cody & I cooking up some dutch oven dinner that evening; hope you have time to join us after your canyon that day!

ibenick
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Yep. Awesome. And also very awesome to meet you the other day. Good to put a face to the insanity. :haha: