PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Camping in Missouri and a trip to Ozark Riverway National Park

archbishop
09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Our family just got back from our place in Missouri. It was a great time and an important trip for me as this was the first time my wife and kids got to see the property since we purchased it earlier this year.
It's in the middle of the Ozarks tucked in the hills. The Ozark Riverway National Park is fairly close by so we had to check that out.
Camped out under a night so clear we could see every star in the sky. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) We even saw several shooting stars. I was pleasantly surprised to find mosquitos were not a problem. I had more bites putting the tents away in my back yard then I did the whole time I was in Missouri.
On the second day we broke camp and drop to Alley Mill It's a historic site that's part of the Ozark River National Park. It's was pretty neat, our kids had a blast, but I must say I was more impressed with the springs themselves. The water was so clear and blue I would swear it had been

jman
09-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Ahh good ol Missouri. I've been to the concrete jungle a few times and enjoyed my time there. Wish I travelled to the Ozarks though...

Great looking shots. You should sell your photos. I'd be a customer, especially for that first and second photo...

JONBOYLEMON
09-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I grew up in KC. Kinda miss the Ozarks.

We used to float the Current & Niangua & Elk every year.

Beautiful area!!!!!! I miss it until I think of the ticks and chiggers!!!!!!!!

Thanks for making me a tiny bit homesick.

Sombeech
09-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Is that last pic of Big Springs?

archbishop
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
All pictures were taken at Alley Springs.

archbishop
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Sent a few of these pictures to the park services and they've asked if they can have permission to use them for upcoming events and programs. That's cool.

accadacca
09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Great post! :popcorn: