PDA

View Full Version : Noob from California...

ihatebuffering24
08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Hey, I'm a senior in high school. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a lame suburban town for the majority of the school year but hopefully this summer ill be able to do some 50+ milers in Zion and Yosemite with some buddies. If anyone has any good trail suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks

CarpeyBiggs
08-29-2010, 07:05 PM
welcome aboard.

what part of california? the sierras are phenomenal, lots of good stuff down there.

CarpeyBiggs
08-29-2010, 07:07 PM
ha, should've read, you are in sactown. you should definitely check out some loops in desolation wilderness, aloha lake, either from echo lake, or make a long loop out of eagle falls, and follow some of the pct.

awesome area...

northern sierras outside of bishop or mammoth are crazy good too. go in over bishop pass, down leconte canyon. could do north lakes to south lakes, if you can set up a car shuttle.

of course, any of the jmt from yosemite valley south is good too. cathedral lakes outside of tuolomne is awesome too, as a weekend trip. so many good options. and the season lasts a while out that way too.

ihatebuffering24
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I was just up in desolation a couple months ago its awesome up there. I've been to yosemite plenty of times before but ive never been able to go on any extended trips. Hopefully i get to soon!

ststephen
08-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Don't wait until next summer, grab a buddy on a weekend and do some 1 or 2 night trips! There's some easy access places south of you by Huntington and Courtright Reservoirs.

accadacca
08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome to Bogley! :2thumbs:

Don
09-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Hey welcome! :2thumbs:

blueeyes
09-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Welcome!