PDA

View Full Version : Jim peck ice cave?

DSTRBD
08-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Has anyone been down there this season? What did the glacier look like? full size? Im thinking about running up and dropping in for a day, just wondering about condtions.

DSTRBD
09-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Nobody? Bueller?....Bueller? :haha::mrgreen:

jumar
09-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Haven't been in there :cry1:
Bigrockman went up that way a week or so ago, but the road was too rough, or something.

DSTRBD
09-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Haven't been in there
Bigrockman went up that way a week or so ago, but the road was too rough, or something.

Have you never been? or just not this year?

Really? There are some rocky spots on both sides of the mountain but nothing a stock 4x4 can't do. Do you know what way he went? (Wellers side or Samak side?) It's faster/easier to go up the Wellers side for sure but there is some rocks right before the FS gate.

jumar
09-07-2010, 08:23 AM
I've never done it. I walked past the entrance on my way to porcupine cave. But haven't gone in.

I'm not sure which way he took.

DSTRBD
09-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I've never done it. I walked past the entrance on my way to porcupine cave. But haven't gone in.

I'm not sure which way he took.

Ahhh gotcha, Porcupine is another awesome cave, I'm not a huge belly crawling fan but it was worth it to see the inside of it, How would you like to belly crawl in there to find that pissed off bear waiting for someone to show up!

jumar
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Ended up not being able to do porcupine that trip either. We had the wrong key. :angryfire: Settled for glory hole and went home.