PDA

View Full Version : Let the gun bans begin...

ilanimaka
08-19-2010, 07:04 PM
This may do better in the political section, but it's intended to be shown to the folks who frequent this forum.

http://volokh.com/2010/08/18/obama-bans-over-100000-rifles/
Obama bans over 100,000 rifles (http://volokh.com/2010/08/18/obama-bans-over-100000-rifles/)

David Kopel (http://volokh.com/author/davek/)

Deathcricket
08-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Whateva... They are just as easy to get as before they were banned. Stocking up for the zombie apocolypse!

asdf
08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Whateva... They are just as easy to get as before they were banned. Stocking up for the zombie apocolypse!

Awe, A lancer great choice.

Mtnbeer
08-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Wow,
Talk about a propoganda machine! Obama's going to take away our guns. :nono:

I like how they misconstrue the comments from a South Korean official about firearms accidents. The South Korean official commented that the US government objects to the sale of these rifles because they are old rifles (with a high probability of poor maintenance over the last 60+ years since being made) and that there is a high probability of increasing firearm mishaps (burst barrels, misfires). They are not talking about handling mishaps (which are the majority of accidents from the statistics the NRA is providing). If you have a 60+ year old gun with suspect maintenence, I would say there's a pretty good chance of the firearm malfunctioning in a way that can hurt or even kill someone.

As for the issue about them being in the hands of bad people, I agree that's kind of a BS arguement, but I suspect it has to do with the fact they are considered curios and relics, and thus not subject to the strict requirements of purchase as with modern firearms.

Brian in SLC
08-20-2010, 08:55 AM
These self-loading were rifles introduced in 1926 and 1941.

No they weren't.

Garand was 1936 and the carbine in 1942.

And...I've seen M1 carbines cut down to pistol size that are quite concealable.

Criminal utility of either low? Almost laughable.

Spin spin sugar...

donny h
09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
The South Koreans aren't stupid, and they have calenders.

These guns will come in under our next administration.

Deathcricket
10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Deathcricket: no doubt such gun can be associated with Zombies; elsewhere I haven’t seen such horrifying thing. But impressive

Thanks! I think everyone should get a car too if they have some extra cash laying around. The zombie apocalypse is coming. :roflol:

Sombeech
10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks! I think everyone should get a car too if they have some extra cash laying around. The zombie apocalypse is coming. :roflol:

The pitchforks on the front look cool but are actually a terrible functional design. This would impale the zombie to your front bumper, keeping them on the car, and preventing other zombies from getting sliced as well. Poor design. tsk tsk. :nono:

Sombeech
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Deathcricket: no doubt such gun can be associated with Zombies; elsewhere I haven’t seen such horrifying thing. But impressive

My SPAM sense is tingling

Cirrus2000
10-26-2010, 10:17 PM
My SPAM sense is tingling

:nod:

Deathcricket
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
The pitchforks on the front look cool but are actually a terrible functional design. This would impale the zombie to your front bumper, keeping them on the car, and preventing other zombies from getting sliced as well. Poor design. tsk tsk. :nono:

Naw naw man, it's cool. Keeping them impaled and near that meat grinder thingie is right where you want em. The smaller pieces the better for BBQ. :lol8: