PDA

View Full Version : Random Act Of Kindness Anyone?

Randi
08-19-2010, 05:53 PM
> My dear mother has fallen very ill. She's been diagnosed with cancer & is in the process of going through some heavy duty Chemo treatments (not fun). I think it would be really cool for her to receive well-wishes from people she doesn't even know. I think I would if I were in her shoes!
>
> She's an amazing woman - always looking at the brighter side (even in these dark days). I owe so much of who I am to her wise council and steadfast ability to always see the glass as half full. I love that woman so much!
>
> I hope this isn't too spammy of a message.
> I belong to quite a few e-mail groups, & you're all getting this, because the smallest deed is better than the grandest intention!
> And even if 1/4 of you folks respond, that means she'll be getting a flood of cards or notes! I think this would really lift her spirits!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Peace, love, adventure and all that jazz!
>
> ~Randi,
> your sister/friend in the canyoneering tribe! :)
>
> If your heart moves you, you can drop a note to
>
> Sara (Rice)
> 23801 Lindley St.
> Mission Viejo, Ca 92691

Deathcricket
08-20-2010, 07:00 AM
:2thumbs:

What kinds of books does she like to read?

Randi
08-23-2010, 08:36 PM
:2thumbs:

What kinds of books does she like to read?

She likes to read spiritually uplifting books I guess....and sappy romance novels (like most women). She's reading "It's not about the bike" by Lance Armstrong right now - I gave it to her to read. She's enjoying it.

Thanks for asking. She's doing pretty well considering what she's going through.
Amazing woman that mom of mine! ♥