PDA

View Full Version : Zion: Soundscape management plan.

mhambi
08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I wonder if the deep bellow of "ROPE!" is going to be included/allowed in the 'existing ambient soundscape' :haha:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11853058&hl=3

Public comment until Sept 3.

Link to plan: http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkId=113&projectId=30628&documentID=35480

*Not really a canyoneering topic per se, but could have impacts on the 'sport'... thoughts?

Jaxx
08-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I thought this was a joke. You advertise how awesome Zion is and that people should come visit and then you want a soundscape management plan. That sound redonculous! I can't believe this is real. Zion national park is making me not want to visit. The annoyance of a national park and its hordes of people, permits, and now a smp. I can taste metal, am I having a stroke?

Scott Card
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
It would be much more helpful to my enjoyment of the park if the administration implimented a hairy arm pit, body odor, take a bath plan. I, in a wet suit all day, smell better than many of the tourists I have passed on the trail out of the Narrows.

Cirrus2000
08-04-2010, 10:38 PM
It would be much more helpful to my enjoyment of the park if the administration implimented a hairy arm pit, body odor, take a bath plan. I, in a wet suit all day, smell better than many of the tourists I have passed on the trail out of the Narrows.

:roflol::roflol:

nelsonccc
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Here is my Zion policy. Always arrive and exit after the shack closes. I haven't paid for entrance in at least a year or so. I also generally will do my best to avoid permits at all costs. As long as you don't do Mystery or Pine you can get by w/o permits.

I admit that over the last few years I go to Zon way less than I used too beacsue it's always such a pain in the ass.

jhillock
08-06-2010, 09:23 PM
How does the park service do a sound scape management plan when the loudest thing in Zion are the buses run by the park service.

jman
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
How does the park service do a sound scape management plan when the loudest thing in Zion are the buses run by the park service.

I do agree with the buses being loud - but they are the 2nd loudest thing in Zionssssssssszzzz. Motorcycles are by far the loudest. You always hear them reving their cc's between the East Entrance and tunnel. Whenever I do Angels Landing (which is everytime I'm canyoneering) - that's all I hear.