PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report AF Canyon - Ridge 157 to Tibble Fork

accadacca
08-04-2010, 08:29 AM
This is one of the best trails in the state...PERIOD. Excellent downhill and some nice climbs to make you earn it. The trail is in great condition and you can tell it has been maintained very well this year. I do think it is a few points easier on the technical scale. It seems that there have been several rocks removed and a few sections of the trail smoothed out. The bonus is that it really makes the trail flow much nicer, but it does mellow out some of the white knuckle technical sections. All things considered this trail is still a 10 in my book. :2thumbs:

We did have a few crashes too. A couple minor and a major. I'll let the boys tell about those. :popcorn:

You can see the crew in my shades. :cool2:

All but two are from the bogley crew. One guy was whipping his wife and dog. :haha:

I am still confused. :fitz:

PunchKing
08-04-2010, 08:59 AM
I am still a little sore from my crash. Endos are so much fun. :cool2: Sadly I threw away my ripped shorts.:cry1:

accadacca
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I found Luce's video from last night on the interwebz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJE_5iIfFrQ&feature=player_embedded

Luce
08-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Sign: Motorcycles yield to all, bikes yield to horse riders, horse riders yield to nothing. We did run into two horse riders on this trail last night. They were off the trail when I passed them on one of the climbs.

Most of this trail is still white knuckle for me. I need more exposure to this one. Too far away and that traffic going south sucks!

fourtycal
08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I am still a little sore from my crash. Endos are so much fun. :cool2: Sadly I threw away my ripped shorts.:cry1:

Dang sorry about your favorite shorts :wink: If you were going faster you might have cleared that stuff instead of crashing :haha:

fourtycal
08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Most of this trail is still white knuckle for me. I need more exposure to this one. Too far away and that traffic going south sucks!

You were right there last night, your bombing down the sweetest trails in the country and owning them :2thumbs: not to mention dominating on the uphills :nod:

It was a great ride but southbound traffic does suck. I left work a half hour early to make it in time :eek2:

tallsteve
08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Dang, now I really wish I could have gone- sweet video!
Twasn't me that smoothed out some of the roughness. Tibble isn't one of my trail adoptions so I never work on it.
You should plan on another ride down here and I'll take you down the newly rerouted, 7 mile downhill run of Mill Canyon (in AF Canyon). You can shuttle right to the top but it takes longer to get to.

crankshank
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
You should plan on another ride down here and I'll take you down the newly rerouted, 7 mile downhill run of Mill Canyon (in AF Canyon). You can shuttle right to the top but it takes longer to get to.

Yes, please.

crankshank
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
The rushhour drive down there is pretty horrible. We need a Bogley helichopter.

The ride seemed so much easier for me this time, especially the ups. I would like to run it more often so I could take advantage of it a little better. As for my embarrassingly pathetic crash... How did I get gear teeth gashes on my left ankle after a small endo that left me standing over my bike?

Don
08-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Nice choice. I love it up there. Dang, you were in my backyard; I need to pay more attention to the bike section...

Sombeech
08-05-2010, 07:29 AM
You can shuttle right to the top but it takes longer to get to.

Did somebody say Shuttle?!?!?!