PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II?

Erik
07-27-2010, 03:36 PM
hey Deathcricket (or anyone?!) -- was thinking about getting Starcraft II. Did you get it yet? (of course I understand if you don't reply because you are playing right now).

Don
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
hey Deathcricket...(of course I understand if you don't reply because you are playing right now).

:roflol:

blueeyes
07-27-2010, 05:52 PM
:lol8:

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 08:03 AM
I hope to have it within the month.

blueeyes
07-30-2010, 09:26 AM
well I have been abandoned as far as I am concerned SCII is the other women

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM

Cirrus2000
07-30-2010, 09:49 AM

:nono:

He'll be back, though - they always come back, cuz games just ain't cuddly enough! :haha:

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM

He'll be back, though - they always come back, cuz games just ain't cuddly enough! :haha:

I played Modern Warfare pretty much non-stop until I ran out of unlocking new things and levels :) If only DC were better at games, she'd have him back sooner :)

Cirrus2000
07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
If only DC were better at games, she'd have him back sooner :)
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Ah, DiscGo, I've missed you! (For some reason, we haven't been crossing paths on here much lately.)

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I've just been busy lately. I've been trying to read but haven't had much time to post.

blueeyes
07-30-2010, 10:13 AM

I played Modern Warfare pretty much non-stop until I ran out of unlocking new things and levels :) If only DC were better at games, she'd have him back sooner :)

LMAO so true

Deathcricket
07-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Hahaha it is soooooo good. I haven't ventured online much, still playing through the single player campaigns and trying to understand how the new units all work and developing tactics. Here are some reviews http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/939643-starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/index.html Pretty much across the board flawless as you can see.

I'm Deathcricket on SC also. Look me up anytime if ya wanna play. I'm actually having to set my alarm when I play it. First night I looked over at the clock and it was 3am. Makes for a hard day at work when you are sleepy. So besides the fact I can't stop playing it, I have not a single complaint about the game.

Now if you'll excuse me, my mistress is calling.... :naughty:

Deathcricket
07-30-2010, 10:21 AM

Except this is primarily an online game, and even after 11 years, the original SC1 still had new content to play. Me and BlueEyes were playing some tower defense games no less than a month ago, hehe.

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 10:24 AM
COD: MOD & MOD2 are also primarily online but the game that will keep you playing forever with the limitless free additional content is Little Big Planet. That game is AWESOME!

Deathcricket
07-30-2010, 10:40 AM
COD: MOD & MOD2 are also primarily online but the game that will keep you playing forever with the limitless free additional content is Little Big Planet. That game is AWESOME!

Ah gotcha. I had not played either of those, hehe. Not much of a FPSers, probably cause I suck at them and get fragged not stop by sniper type players every 2nd or 3rd step I take. But Little Big Planet is right up my alley though and I have played that quite a lot too.. Excellent example.

Also looks like SC2 is gonna break some serious records. Almost 2 million units sold on the 1st day. http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/comments/1.8-million-day-one-sales-estimated/ and that's before it's hit korea where Starcraft is a nationally recognized sport and televised on TV.

I also should mention this is just Terran saga, they plan on releasing the Protoss and Zerg campaigns as expansion packs. So it's an insane amount of content for a casual player to digest. I have 25 hours of play time in and have only completed 10% of the game. And I would consider myself a very decent player. There is a nice difficulty adjustment curve, so it's only as hard as you make it. Although to unlock achievements you must have the settings at a decent level. You can customize your units, cut scenes are awesome, and there is even a mini arcade shooter type game in the cantina of my battlecruzer for when I get tired of playing the "regular" game. You can hire out different types of mercenaries to and really mix up strats. Each unit has an "introduction" level where you learn how to use it flawlessly and see how it integrates into the SC gameplan. And more importantly, what it's weaknesses are and how to exploit them. It's also looking like there are several different paths you can take that affect the outcome of the game. So I might end up playing through several times to see the different endings.

Ok enough rambling, just go buy the damn game and we'll meet on the battlefield!

blueeyes
07-30-2010, 10:56 AM
I have been told I have to buy a copy. :) So by the,end of the month she will be my mistress too.

Deathcricket
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I have been told I have to buy a copy. :) So by the,end of the month she will be my mistress too.

As stated in your GF contract page 16 section 5 reads "Must be proficient in all forms of online combat, but need only specialize in one category. Valid genres include but not limited to, MMORPG, RTS, or FPS."

Sorry... :nono:

Cirrus2000
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Three-way! Three-way!

DC, there's something to cross off the list... :haha:

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
As stated in your GF contract page 16 section 5 reads "Must be proficient in all forms of online combat, but need only specialize in one category. Valid genres include but not limited to, MMORPG, RTS, or FPS."

Sorry... :nono:

No wonder I have a man crush on you. That is awesome!

DaveOU812
07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I was able to play through the first three missions on a friends laptop. Visually, it's pretty fantastic but I don't know much about the new units cause I didn't get that far. I think I'm gonna have to pick it up as well. I just don't know if I have time between Modern Warfare 2, D&D Online, League of Legends, and the variety of trolling I do on the interwebs.

DiscGo
07-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Three-way! Three-way!

DC, there's something to cross off the list... :haha:

Too funny!

jman
07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Holy posts! I picked it up yesterday and I'm hooked too.
There is a LOT of content.

Deathcriket I'll add ya-but I'll send ya a pm later tonight with my info.

Erik
07-31-2010, 06:24 AM
I bought it! Mostly playing single player learning the way. Did one practice online match and got crushed (but had a good time). My character's name is Chaos.

Ride On
07-31-2010, 01:48 PM
I would play but it costs 60 bucks to buy it and i just think thats a little pricey for someone who dosn't game that often like me but maby in the near future ill have some monies and will pick up a copy:rockon:

Erik
09-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Civilization 5 coming in 1 week (ok 8 days). Anyone else getting it? I've played every one and they all rocked (except III). http://www.civilization5.com

Deathcricket
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Civilization 5 coming in 1 week (ok 8 days). Anyone else getting it? I've played every one and they all rocked (except III). http://www.civilization5.com

Oh that does look very good and is right up my alley. I would be all over that... But I haven't finished playing FF13 yet, it kinda sucks and having trouble keeping interested, still haven't finshed God of War 3 even though it rocks, and pretty much just play Starcraft2 non stop, hehe...

But let me know how it goes, and maybe when I get my queue down I'll add it to the list. :2thumbs:

blueeyes
09-14-2010, 06:54 AM

Guess SCII wasn't the only mistress hang out with DC then end of July. Congrats on the marriage proposal, may this one last longer than three seasons.

PS. As a wedding present why don't you give Angela the fairy statue you gave me for Christmas it looks so nice in your entry way.

Deathcricket
09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh I did want to say I have been playing this really cool free game called Minecraft. If you want the full version it's $10. The graphics are crappy but this game is so addicting it's not even funny. Here is a youtube tutorial..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWnQHS-ffs

and link to the website

http://www.minecraft.net/

And here is a very advanced level this guy built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_J1JiGyhEw

DiscGo
09-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Guess SCII wasn't the only mistress hang out with DC then end of July. Congrats on the marriage proposal, may this one last longer than three seasons.

The gossip in me, really enjoyed this comment :).

Deathcricket
09-14-2010, 10:44 AM

PS. As a wedding present why don't you give Angela the fairy statue you gave me for Christmas it looks so nice in your entry way.

blueeyes
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Not at all sweet heart actually I am very happy for you.

Deathcricket
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Not at all sweet heart actually I am very happy for you.

Right on then. For the record, I AM giving my wife the statue in the entry way, the couch in the living room, and the kitchen table, as wedding gift(s). But am retaining the bed we sleep on, my 55" LCD, the bathtub, the sink, the toilet, and new vacuum cleaner for myself. That's what makes a marriage work, having clearly defined possessions.
:bootyshake:

Edit:
Shit now I gotta decide who gets the swords, battle axes, and dragons.... Thanks for reminding me.

blueeyes
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Right on then. For the record, I AM giving my wife the statue in the entry way, the couch in the living room, and the kitchen table, as wedding gift(s). But am retaining the bed we sleep on, my 55" LCD, the bathtub, the sink, the toilet, and new vacuum cleaner for myself. That's what makes a marriage work, having clearly defined possessions.
:bootyshake:

Edit:
Shit now I gotta decide who gets the swords, battle axes, and dragons.... Thanks for reminding me.

And the "Show" must go on keep it up it is pretty entertaining. :lol8:

Deathcricket
09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
And the "Show" must go on keep it up it is pretty entertaining. :lol8:

I'm happy to entertain you then. It's the least I can do. You got me through one of the toughest times in my life and I will always be grateful for that. You will always have a special place in my heart and I smile thinking back on good memories like Bloomington caves. Making you smile is the least I can do.
:nod:

blueeyes
09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
As I have said before darling you are just too sweet

James_B_Wads2000
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Lame

Erik
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey that's the second time I've heard something cool about MineCraft, I might have to check it out. Kinda' bummed that Civ V is pretty much Epic Fail :(. Might be a decent game but it's hard to know because it's so crashy. May try it again in a while. Shogun 2 : Total War looks cool though (planned release 3/2011).