PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Chris Lake Trail- Dixie National Forest- June 2010

Dr. Nebz
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
This was the first trip for 2010. Since we had such a long winter up north, and the snow was not seeming to be going anywhere, we decided to head south to the Boulder Mountain area for some backpacking and some photography. We started our trip on a Thursday night, and got to Barker Res to camp about 1 am. Got settled in, and slept till the morning. Got up and went to Barker Res. It was a nice little lake, and the fishing was ok. We then decide to head over to Grosvenor Arch to take some photos for the day, then head up to the Chris Lake Trail and head up to camp. It was about 1,000 ft of elevation gain, and pretty sweet all the way up. Finally after a couple of hours, we end up at the lake. Really nice area, tucked back in there, and we were pretty much solo up there. I could smell a camp fire, but we did not see anyone else. Fishing was far better here, and the temps were just perfect. It was a lot of fun, and I now have an early season destination when the mountains up north are still snowbound.

Wasatch
07-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Nice area.

ibenick
07-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Excellent! :2thumbs: I've really been wanting to hit Boulder Mountain sometime. Too many trips driving through it to Escalante. When was this trip?

Dr. Nebz
07-22-2010, 09:41 AM
When was this trip?

First weekend in June. I am sure it is pretty hot down there now.

accadacca
07-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Doood, your lighting the place up with these TR's. :popcorn: