PDA

View Full Version : Help Iphone backup battery charger

bigred72
07-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I am looking for a battery backup for my iphone 3GS (with OS4) while I am out backpacking. Most of my trips are around three days. I'll use the My Topo during my hike with the GPS on the iphone and then at night I will usually play some games or fall asleep to a movie.

I've seen other options such as solar chargers. What backup charger is anyone who owns an iphone using?

I found this rechargeable battery sold on Amazon by Newtrent.

There are a ton of great reviews. Here are the specs:

IMP500P iPhone 4 /3G iPad/3G iTouch Backup Battery All-in-One Combo Charger(Color Black/blue)

Key benefit for the iPhone/iPad/iTouch All-in-one Li-ion Battery Pack IMP500P (Black/blue)

-Compatible with iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone, 3G iPhone, 2G iphone, 300% of iphone 4 battery life
-Compatible with iPad/3G iPad, 50% of ipad battery life
-Compatible with 2G, 3G iTouch, and all the latest ipod video classic 30GB & 60GB & 80GB
-Increase iPhone4, 3Gs iPhone movie time up to 38 hours (with speaker on) with 300% of iPhone 4 battery life
-Increase iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone internet time up to 38hours, audio time up to 180 hours
-Compatible with major brand cell phone, such as blackberry curve,bold, storm with a correct adapter, which will be sold separately
-Compatible with major brand portable game system, such as Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS lite, Sony PSP with a correct adapter, which will be sold separately

3Gs iPhone battery life testing result wtih IMP500P

3G iPhone Without IMP500P With IMP500P
Movie with speaker 5 hours 38 hours
Internet time 6 hours 38 hours

Key features for IMP500P

Weight 120g (4.23 oz!!!)with dimension 4.3 x 3.5 x 0.5 inch
Capacity 5000mAh@5V, 300% of iphone 4 battery capacity
Charge IMP500P with an AC wall charger or USB port from PC
Compatible with all generations Apple iPhone 4, 3G iPhone and itouch,3G iPad, iPad, major brand cell phones and PDAs with correct adapters, which will be sold separately
Compatible with Major brand portable game console system like Nintendo DS lite, Nintendo Gameboy and Sony PSP with the correct adapters, which will be sold separately

All for under $50.00. Seriously thinking about getting it.

jman
07-18-2010, 06:17 AM
I am looking for a battery backup for my iphone 3GS (with OS4) while I am out backpacking. Most of my trips are around three days. I'll use the My Topo during my hike with the GPS on the iphone and then at night I will usually play some games or fall asleep to a movie.

I've seen other options such as solar chargers. What backup charger is anyone who owns an iphone using?

I found this rechargeable battery sold on Amazon by Newtrent.

There are a ton of great reviews. Here are the specs:

IMP500P iPhone 4 /3G iPad/3G iTouch Backup Battery All-in-One Combo Charger(Color Black/blue)

Key benefit for the iPhone/iPad/iTouch All-in-one Li-ion Battery Pack IMP500P (Black/blue)

-Compatible with iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone, 3G iPhone, 2G iphone, 300% of iphone 4 battery life
-Compatible with iPad/3G iPad, 50% of ipad battery life
-Compatible with 2G, 3G iTouch, and all the latest ipod video classic 30GB & 60GB & 80GB
-Increase iPhone4, 3Gs iPhone movie time up to 38 hours (with speaker on) with 300% of iPhone 4 battery life
-Increase iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone internet time up to 38hours, audio time up to 180 hours
-Compatible with major brand cell phone, such as blackberry curve,bold, storm with a correct adapter, which will be sold separately
-Compatible with major brand portable game system, such as Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS lite, Sony PSP with a correct adapter, which will be sold separately

3Gs iPhone battery life testing result wtih IMP500P

3G iPhone Without IMP500P With IMP500P
Movie with speaker 5 hours 38 hours
Internet time 6 hours 38 hours

Key features for IMP500P

Weight 120g (4.23 oz!!!)with dimension 4.3 x 3.5 x 0.5 inch
Capacity 5000mAh@5V, 300% of iphone 4 battery capacity
Charge IMP500P with an AC wall charger or USB port from PC
Compatible with all generations Apple iPhone 4, 3G iPhone and itouch,3G iPad, iPad, major brand cell phones and PDAs with correct adapters, which will be sold separately
Compatible with Major brand portable game console system like Nintendo DS lite, Nintendo Gameboy and Sony PSP with the correct adapters, which will be sold separately

All for under $50.00. Seriously thinking about getting it.

Or you can make your own charger using the correct transitors and two double AA batteries. I'll try to find a website for ya.

Edit: Whoops, I thought it would work for the 3GS and above. Nope sorry. BTW - The portable battery pack is called MintyBoost.

bigred72
07-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks....I'll check it out...

accadacca
07-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I have used those small booster packs and they worked well for me. BTW, the iPhone 4 has 40% better battery life, but wait the phone doesn't work. Who makes calls anyway...that's for old people. Anyway, the battery life on the 4 is dramatically better and I haven't dropped a call.