PDA

View Full Version : Paiute Trail?

moab mark
07-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I thought somewhere we were talking about a Bogley Paiute ride? I think we need to plan one. As usual finding available dates will be tough but anyone interested?

nelsonccc
07-16-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm in for sure. We talked about it a bit in one of the other threads. I'm pretty sure fourtycal would be interested and he said last year that acca should have come. Maybe we ca get rideon and some of the other dirtbikers to come. I've been riding those trails every summer month for about 3 years now. There are some fantastic dirt bike trails there!

I'm pretty sure most of the snow is gone. The 88 trail we like to do aout of beaver holds snow for a long time but it'll likely be gone by the time we organize this trip. I think we should shoot for early to mid august? It'll eb nice to get out of the heat.

accadacca
07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I am open the first week of Aug. Fourty?

fourtycal
07-19-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm good for either of the first couple of weekends in August :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I usually ride Saturday and Sunday. Would there be others willing to ride the two days? We could do the longer Antimony/Koosharem loop (140 miles) on Saturday and the shorter Beaver loop (98 miles) on Sunday so we could get our of Circleville around 3 Sunday afternoon.

I'm game for August 7th or 14th. I'll be bringing my 2stroke YZ250. The longest stretch between gas would be Antimony to Koosharem which is around 50 miles.

I'm open to other loops as well. There is the Circleville to Panguitch loop that is pretty nice but a lot of road. There is also a ton of variations for the Beaver/Maryville loops.

accadacca
07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I am checking with my old man and also double moo. What is the trail like? Is any of it the stretch that fourty went down on? Keep in mind that a few of us will be riding 300+lb pigs. My Dads KTM has a 7.5 gallon tank, so yeah its a little heavy. :haha:

nelsonccc
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Just checked ATVUtah and they are having the UTV/ATV Jamboree the 2nd weekend of August. I'm not sure what their intended routes are but we may want to avoid that weekend since it can be pretty tough to pass a UTV or ATV on some of these sections. I checked the website but I can't find the ride list. Maybe Redman or someone can comment on what trails they plan on being on. Its likely that they will not be on the Beaver loop but I'm sure we'd run into them on the Koosharem side for sure.

nelsonccc
07-19-2010, 04:02 PM
I am checking with my old man and also double moo. What is the trail like? Is any of it the stretch that fourty went down on? Keep in mind that a few of us will be riding 300+lb pigs. My Dads KTM has a 7.5 gallon tank, so yeah its a little heavy. :haha:

Yeah, Fourty went down just outside of Circleville on our way up the 01 in a real rooty tight rocky section, but I don't think he wrecked any other time. There are some sections that I would not want to be on my DR650 that's for sure, but I could get through for sure but it'll be a lot more work.

It's hard for me to say since I've ridden all of these trails multiple times but I think you'd be okay especially on the Koosharem loop. I'm totally open to diferent loops. The Panguitch loop is mostly dirt road/nice atv track while the Beaver loop is one of the gnarliest up there. The 53/33 section to Koosharem is where my brother called it quits last year.

Generally the hard sections involve steep 90 degree switchbacks combined with loose dirt or rock. I've wrecked all over the place up there. Generally it occurs in a rocky section where I get bounced off of the trail and into the trees. The hard sections are rarely more than 4-5 miles long and I'd say most of the riding is pretty easy for a dirtbike. There are bypass routes that we could set-up if we find that the trails are too tough. We can also reverse the routes so we are going down the gnarly stuff instead of up it. I have an extra map and the GPS tracks so we can trade those so one group can do gnarly routes and another group can meet us past the gnarly stuff.

I have the maps as Jpegs and PDF's if anyone wants to send me their emails. That way I can call out the trail #'s and you guys can look at all the black diamond sections of trail!

double moo
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I'd like to join in... but am out for the 1st weekend in Aug - 25th wedding anniversary! Kind of hard to bug out on that one...

fourtycal
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, Fourty went down just outside of Circleville on our way up the 01 in a real rooty tight rocky section, but I don't think he wrecked any other time.

I just caught a rock wrong with my front tire and had it wash out in a corner, noob mistake. The trail was not that bad really :wink:

accadacca
07-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Dang moo. Is it still an anniversary after 25 years? :haha:

Should we pencil in the 1st weekend? We need to hear from moab mark, but we have at least 3.

moab mark
07-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I can't do the first weekend Ill be down to Powell. Could do the 14th 21st or 28th weekend. I think it would be smart to stay away from the atv rally. Those boys are slow and create DUST.

Would probably bring several other guys.

nelsonccc
07-20-2010, 08:48 AM
I can't do the first weekend Ill be down to Powell. Could do the 14th or 28th weekend. I think it would be smart to stay away from the atv rally. Those boys are slow and create DUST.

True, but most of the trails we'll be on are width restricted so we probably won't see that many of them. However trust me, when you do come upon a convoy of 10 of those things it can be a major PIA to pass especially if they don't want you to pass.

I really don't care which wknd in August. I'm open for any of them except the 20th and 21st but if we can get 3 or more to agree on one weekned we should do it rather than try to reach a concensus on a date for everyone like we tried to do with the White Rim ride which fell apart.

nelsonccc
07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
So is this going to happen? I need to line out which weekend in August by the end of the week. It looked like we had the most enthusiasm about August 6, 7, and 8th. Who's in?

fourtycal
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
So is this going to happen? I need to line out which weekend in August by the end of the week. It looked like we had the most enthusiasm about August 6, 7, and 8th. Who's in?

I am still in for whatever. Last I talked to acca he was leaning toward the 14th (he has a BBQ he cant miss on the 6th and something he has to be home for on the 8th). Trying to get ride-on to opt in, but since he graduated school and has nothing in particular to do with his time, he has a hard time committing to anything more than a few minutes before it happens.

Garbanzo
07-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I might be interested in going. Where do you ride and lodge?

Garbanzo
07-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Sounds like fun!

nelsonccc
07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
I might be interested in going. Where do you ride and lodge?

I typically stay in a spot on BLM property just south of Circleville. It's low key, free, and has running water. It also allows easy access to the southern part of the trail.

We generally ride up out of circleville to beaver and back on one day and the next we either go into panguitch or do the antimony-koosharem loop. If you have a trail map I can tell you what trails.

So are we now looking at the 14th?

moab mark
07-27-2010, 09:08 AM
If you can get a bigger group for the first part of the month go for it. I can do the 21st or 28th. Prefer 28th.

Mark

nelsonccc
07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
If you can get a bigger group for the first part of the month go for it. I can do the 21st or 28th. Prefer 28th.

Mark

I'm okay with the 28th as well but I'm a no go for the 21st. Who can go on the 28th?

moab mark
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I realize I started this fest idea but I am going to have to bail and we haven't even got a date. I just have to much going on in August to be able to make it happen. Hope you guys make it.

accadacca
07-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I can make the 14th happen. Leave Friday night, camp, meet the Vegas posse, ride all day Saturday and drive home late Saturday night. Fourty and I can drive down and maybe Garbanzo too?

Can we pencil it in? :ride:

nelsonccc
08-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Did you hear from Fourty and Rideon and the others? What is the group size looking like? It'll probably just be me and another guy coming up from Vegas.

accadacca
08-04-2010, 11:01 AM
We were waiting to hear from you. Fourty is in and has backup plans, but would choose this. Not sure about Ride on. :popcorn: