PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Brianhead Trip Report

tallsteve
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
We spent 5 days last week at a cabin in Brianhead for a family reunion. I've lived nearly all my life in Utah and had never been there. What an incredible place! If you like the outdoors, you'll love it there. It has everything! Our cabin was at an elevation of just over 10,000' and my lowlander (California, Florida, Georgia) relatives found breathing hard for the first couple of days! My bro-in-law and I were able to get in a couple of biking runs. We did the Brianhead Peak (Marathon) Trail and part of the Virgin River Rim Trail. The Brianhead Peak Trail begins at an elevation of 11,307' and we actually pedaled up the road from Brianhead to get there. I really enjoyed the first half of this trail but when it dumped us onto the lower lift-served trails, I thought it became to tight and twisty without a good flow. About 15 miles in all. We hit the VRRT the next day while everyone else played at the lake (Navajo Lake). Loved this trail! Can't wait to go ride more of it. Incredible views! We did a 14 mile loop.
We also spent some time at Cedar Breaks and hiked the Kanarraville slot canyon- incredible!
I didn't have my camera on the Brianhead Peak Trail but took some on the VRRT.

tallsteve
07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I didn't see where I could add photo descriptions. Sorry!

blueeyes
07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
:2thumbs: Guess I will plan a camping trip up there.

accadacca
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Yep, great trails in this area. Thanks for the report. :popcorn:

Sombeech
07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
I didn't see where I could add photo descriptions. Sorry!

If you add your photos via the "insert photos" button -> http://www.bogley.com/forum/images/editor/insertimage.png rather than the "attachments" button, your photos will be added in line with your text :cool2:

That area looks pretty cool, I'll have to try it one of these days.