PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Bear Lake Motorcycling

moab mark
07-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Rode the Highline trail from St. Charles Canyon to Paris Canyon and back today. Dropped down to Bloomington Lake for a little dip. Great Ride. Had my 2 boys and one of their buddies. Awesome single and Atv trail.

Haven't got to many pictures but do have a couple of videos of the rope swing at Bloomington Lake. Yes that is snow in the background and yes it was freezing.

35226g35225.35224

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R4H07iQYCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO7Zb3uNMOA

Yours truly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7HYRpjt5Yc

ibenick
07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Great pics and videos! I didn't even remember I had been there until I saw them. That is really one cold lake, we used to go slide down the snowpack into the lake on the other side.

accadacca
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Nicely done! Now that I know the rope swing is back I will be giving it a go in a couple weeks. Heading up for 10 days. The swing was gone last time I was there. Yep, that water will take your breath away.

I just left Bear Lake (Fish Haven) at 0600 this morning and rode straight to work. I went to Woodruff, over to Monte Cristo, then over Trappers Loop and onto 15. I would love to ride with you guys sometime, but not on the Beemer. Highline trail = no Beemer :lol8: I'll have the KTM dirt sofa up in 2 weeks and may make a run over to Hardware Ranch.

Where do you stay?

moab mark
07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Have a home in Canyon Estates. Were having a reunion up there over the 24th. While there we plan on hitting the swing again. I think I will take one of my old canyoneering ropes up and replace the iffy rope with a real rope. Unfortunately I can not doing any riding during reunion. To many people and not any free time.:angryfire: But several of my buddies want to ride the highline trail from Beaver mtn. across the trail to Paris hit the cave for lunch then head up Fish Haven and out to Swan Lake and then back to the truck. If you want to tag along Ill let you know when we are going. Plan on just going up in the morning and coming back. That loop up there is as good as it gets.

accadacca
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Cool. I have prolly seen you on the trails at one time or another. I also usually ride my mtb for a loop up through the estates. Shhhh... :haha:

Would they be going on the 24th? Keep me in the loop and I'll see what works with the schedule. Why not just ride over to Beaver from Fish Haven and the over? Whatever works...

Sombeech
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Nice to see that swing is still up. I heard there was even a fence up at one time to keep people away from that tree. :roflol:

moab mark
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Cool. I have prolly seen you on the trails at one time or another. I also usually ride my mtb for a loop up through the estates. Shhhh... :haha:

Would they be going on the 24th? Keep me in the loop and I'll see what works with the schedule. Why not just ride over to Beaver from Fish Haven and the over? Whatever works...

They are not riding during the 24th. I didn't make that very clear before. My buddies and myself just plan on driving up one day from down here and riding the loop. That's why we want to start at Beaver. I'll let you know when we pick a date and see if you can make it.

I am headed back up there tonight to fix some sod. I could possibly go for a ride later Sat afternoon if your up there?

Mark

accadacca
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Ah ha. Nah, won't be up till the 23rd-31st.