PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Olympus, West Slab Conditions.

UtahAdventureGuide
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Looking to climb the West Slabs on Saturday morning. Does anyone know what the conditions are like right now. Also, we're looking for a 3rd or maybe 4th person to join our party.

Brian in SLC
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Looking to climb the West Slabs on Saturday morning. Does anyone know what the conditions are like right now. Also, we're looking for a 3rd or maybe 4th person to join our party.

With the pop up t-showers in force, an early start may be very prudent.

Tempted to get a lap in m'self. What do you use for a decent? I need to figure out a better decent...

Uhh, are you using a rope?

trackrunner
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
PM sent. I agree with Brian with an early start.

Brian do you not hike off with west slabs?

UtahAdventureGuide
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
We are starting bout 5 am and will be roped for at least some of the route. Both of you guys are welcome to join us.

Brian in SLC
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Brian do you not hike off with west slabs?

Yeah, I've hiked west, either longer to the side of the ridge, or, I come down that steep gully type thing that's not so far to the west. Both are kinda involved...

I keep hearin' I need to expand my horizons and go down to the east, or, just buck up and do the car shuttle and come down the main trail.

Tryin' to talk a friend, who's very allergic to mornings, to doing it. We'll see about the weather. Juicy now, ain't it?

How you guys gettin' off?

UtahAdventureGuide
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
planning on taking the ridge to the south summit and the trail down but we're open to anything.