PDA

View Full Version : What are your 4th Weekend Plans?

accadacca
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I am taking two days on the other side of the holiday for some R&R in the Bear Lake area. I'll be boating on Tuesday of next week. I have a few plans in the valley so I wont be leaving until Monday to head out of town. Prolly the opposite for most.

Who has plans and where, what, when? :popcorn:

IntrepidXJ
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I still haven't nailed down any plans yet....I better get on that :)

live2ride
07-01-2010, 11:27 AM
early sat morning going to a bike ride, annual 4th ride with the bro in laws, followed by some swimming and a barb-que on sat, some fireworks then sundsy going to take the waverunners out early am and ride for a bit then relax.

Iceaxe
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Saturday Night We'll be at Rocky Mountain Raceway for the Supermodifed race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwNbxKHjyA

Alex
07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Floating Snake river in Wyoming

Udink
07-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Saturday, I'm probably going to go for a 4-wheeler ride/hike in the mountains with my wife and kids. Sunday, BBQ/party with the family. :pitcher: Monday, not sure yet. :ne_nau:

Scott Card
07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I will be trying to run two water/aid stations in the Provo 5/10k race on Monday morning prior to the parade. Need volunteers. Anyone want to help? Let me know if you do. Free running shirt for your time.

JONBOYLEMON
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
We are headed to Mt Pleasant with friends. I have never been there before. Anyone know of a good place to take a little hike or to do a little fishing with the kids?

bigred72
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Escalante river and Death Hollow!!!

Scott Card
07-01-2010, 02:54 PM
We are headed to Mt Pleasant with friends. I have never been there before. Anyone know of a good place to take a little hike or to do a little fishing with the kids?
Fairview Canyon. Many lakes to fish up there. BTW, the Home Plate Cafe in Fairview has really good pie ala mode. The little nine hole golf course in Mt. Pleasant is not too bad. Pretty straight forward course if you need to burn a couple of hours.

jman
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Nice, everyone seems to be heading to the outdoors.

I got the kaysville parade with nieces and nephews for the only water parade in Utah. After my friends are trying out the iFly in Ogden and then heading to Adams Canyon to rap the lower falls (and teach my older sister how do go down a waterfall). After that we got a BBQ and sand volleyball at the park and then fireworks of course. Busy day!

Randi
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna DESTROY something!
Then I'm gonna CREATE something!
*lending equal fervor to both endeavors*

I'm gonna climb a 10,000 ft mountain.
Cook at least one notably excellent gourmet meal.
Hang with my kids (& possibly their friends).
Do some housework (getting a good portion of it out of the way 2-night & 2-morrow).
And some "other" stuff.

Try to make time for a visit with ZionSiren - hanging out in the pool spounds FUN! ;)

Felicia
07-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna lay by the pool in my backyard and let my foot heal so I can try weight bearing next week. :mrgreen:

mtthwlw
07-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I'll be spending the week of the 4th in Oceanside CA with my family in a cottage on the beach. We'll be kayaking, swimming, boogie-boarding, lounging, BBQing, making a trip to Sea World... keeping the baby from constantly putting sand in his mouth, changing sandy diapers, putting aloe vera onto sunburns...

:cool2:

Erik
07-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Trying to find someone to go river boarding with tomorrow... Sunday running a fun 5k that's right by my house, and hopefully grilling something! Not sure about Monday, that whole long-range planning thing.

Wasatch Rebel
07-03-2010, 05:31 AM

Yeah, Fairview Canyon is a good bet. If you can make it up to Miller Flat Reservoir, fish right at the inlet. Potter's Ponds are also up in there and good fishing most of the time. A good close place to Mt. Pleasant, if you go a bit further south and up Manti Canyon, is Yearns Reservoir. It's just a little reservoir tucked up in there, but I always seem to catch fish whenever I go and it's a great place for kids to catch fish. If you're there at twilight, the bats come out and swoop over the lake to catch the mosquitoes.

Wasatch Rebel
07-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Well I had my second shoulder surgery on Tuesday, to remove scar tissue that was holding things up. So I'm going to be doing a lot of home therapy exercises. I'm hoping to get out and do some fun things as well though. Maybe since it's cooling down, we'll head over to the Vernon Hills for some rock collecting. I was thinking of going to one of the local Lion's Club breakfasts this morning, but I don't know if I'm going to get the wife out of bed.:lol8: We just saw fireworks last Saturday at the Taylorsville celebration, so I don't feel a big need to fight the crowds for that.

erial
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
just sliding by:

Erik
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
awesome, where is that?!

Erik
07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I ended up running in a 5k that's right by my house every 4th of July. Then went riverboarding down Brown's Canyon. *So* much fun! One of these times I'll try to get a pic and post it.

R
07-09-2010, 08:10 PM
The July 4 celebration in Ada's Wintersmith Park has now been postponed again due to intense tropical rainfall. The City of Ada has moved the activity to July 16.

http://adaeveningnews.com/local/x279773038/Fireworks-rescheduled-again

erial
07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
just sliding by:

Part of Upper Creek Falls located off rt 181 5.65 miles south of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Table Rock and Linville Falls are also in the area.

Another photo:

accadacca
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Very cool. That looks fun! :2thumbs:

erial
07-09-2011, 10:17 AM
cooling off at trashcan falls near boone, nc on july 3, 2011.

rockgremlin
07-09-2011, 01:59 PM
^^^ Looks very similar to Left Hand here in Moab --- without all the trees, shrubs, bushes and other green things.

BTW, for all those visiting Left Hand be careful and be sure to look b4 you leap. There have been several broken ankles come outta there so far this year - including one so severe it required an emergency helicopter ride to Grand Junction.