PDA

View Full Version : Must ride trails and must see places on the Pauite ATV Trail System

jtrack79
06-24-2010, 09:37 AM
On July 16-19 a group of friends/family of mine planning on spending 3 days riding the Pauite ATV trail. I am still debating where to access the trail from and what our route may be. I have ridden the trail once, based out of Marysvale, but obviously just saw a small part of the trail system. Rather than having a base camp we are thinking we will just camp along the trail this time.

I know many of you have lots of experience down there and I would love to hear what you think the must ride trails and must see places are. It will be 6 guys on the trip and we would like to ride the more aggressive trails where possible. Thanks.

BruteForce
06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Fillmore to Marysvale is an awesome ride (stage from Adelaide campground and ride up over the Tushars), Monroe Mountain through Dairy Anderson, Max Reid to Joe Lott to Kimberly and Winkler Point (stage at Hoovers and ride the 74 up to start this one)

reddman
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Being on the trails everyday for work, I would suggest these points. Deer Creek trail Trail #74, Winkler Point, Max Reid trail, and Pauite Side Trail 05 to the Ice Caves. I have done every trail (ATV and FOOT) on the Beaver Ranger District and my favorite place on the entire mountain is off the Pauite Side Trail 05, the trail # is 987, it goes to the one of the greatest outlooks on the mountain. More Aggressive trails would be, from Beaver, Utah, The PST 05 or the PST 068 once you take one of these trails you can access the entire mountain. At this time of year Bullion is not open, so the Tusher Mountain pass is not open from Beaver Creek to Poison Creek Gate in Big Johns. All other Paiute Trails on The Tusher are open, clean, and ready for some Hardcore Riding.

jtrack79
09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I never checked back in after the Trip. For those that are interested it was a blast! We did a little over 350 miles in 3 days. It was one of the funner trips I have been on. We started in Fillmore, rode over into Richfield, then back up by way of Annabella and down thorough Marysvale by way of Elsinore and Koosherem and then back up to Filmore. We hit every side trail we could focusing on the the more difficult trails.

The toughest(and funnest) trail by far was 66 coming up out of Annabella. For those of you that aren't familiar it is a steep, rocky nasty trail. It is marked as a black diamond trail and was one of the few that lived up to it.

Somebody(anti OHV'er would be my obvious guess) had gone up the trail and rolled as many big boulders rocks trees etc. into the trail that they could. They then drilled holes in the rocks and inserted sharped wood spikes into the holes. The did this every 15- 20 feet or so for about a half a mile. It must have been an absolute ton of work for them. Unfortunately for them it made the ride SUPER FUN for us. With a little effort we were able to remove the sharpened spikes from their holes and then the boulders and trees made for awesome obstacles to overcome. I wouldn't advise it for anybody that isn't very, very comfortable having only 2 wheels on the ground at a time in very steep terrain, but if you like tough riding it was by far my favorite bit of the entire ride.

Anyway the country and weather was beautiful, we saw many elk(some really great bulls on the Monroe), Deer, a couple moose, etc... Gas was never an issue, we usually had to fill up about twice a day.

We camped in the highcountry each night stopping about 10 minutes before total dark so we could throw up our tents and left early each morning while it was cool and animals would be out moving. It was the closest to High country backpacking I think that you can get on a wheeler.

We will definitely be back. There are still many trails to ride.

middlefork
09-19-2010, 08:55 AM
:worthless:

Definately nice country. I just got back from Monroe Mountain after 18 days chasing some of those elk.