PDA

View Full Version : West Canyon, Lake Powell, Partner Needed

qedcook
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
I've got a few friends that are going boating this weekend. Unfortunately, none of them are canyoneers. I've got a free ride to West Canyon. How often does that happen? Anyway, I'm looking for a partner (or group) doing West Canyon this weekend. I'd love to do the Upper Slot but hear that it's unsafe to do alone. It's not my boat so I can't offer a ride to the canyon but would love to meet up with someone there. I don't even need to travel with the group, just need a group to follow me to make sure I make it safely through the canyon. Any takers?

qedcook
06-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Do you guys agree with Kelsey's assessment that the upper slot should not be done solo, or is that advise mainly for the tourist/inexperienced crowd.

ratagonia
06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Do you guys agree with Kelsey's assessment that the upper slot should not be done solo, or is that advise mainly for the tourist/inexperienced crowd.

The MIDDLE slot is way-wonderful and a great hike for almost everyone. Nothing technical.

The upper slot or slots are all difficult in a way that is very much more difficult solo. Not advised.

Tom :moses: